What was the last movie you watched?

"American Graffiti" (1973) Pure movie magic, it was the springboard for about 20 acting careers. When they say "They don`t make `em like that anymore !", this is what they`re talking about. Completely enjoyable, make a BIG bowl of popcorn ! :)

What was the last movie you watched? Either at home or at a theatre. And rate it!

Give it a thumbs up or down, more indicates bettter

:thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

Or

:thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

Or :dunno: For neither good not bad

Or :lmao: For really funny one!

I'll start it off with:

Legends of the fall. (Hopkins/Pitt) :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

I was surprised that it was that good.

Escape from New York with Kurt Russel :thmbsp love this show was great when it came out a keeper for the collection!

Our Kind Of Traitor

Old school espionage thriller in the 2016 era. Slow paced but interesting. Could have been set in the '60s except for the mobile phones. Recommended.

m-ourkindoftraitor.jpg

Manhattan Nocturne(Manhattan Night)

Another slow paced thriller with twists and turns. This got panned by the critics and although not one of The Great Films of the year, it is watchable. Jennifer Beals is in this and she looks incredibly good.

Manhattan_Nocturne_Poster-20166241614.jpg

The remake of Rocky Horror

The music and singing was a refreshing change, but they modified the movie from the original in many places, for no reason but to put it on Prime Time TV without a hassle I guess. They changed the whole "Whats For Dinner?" spot, left out the audience throwing Toast and many more.

Overall it was still enjoyable.

Now You See Me 2 - visually fun -
but I was not impressed with this nor the first one ...
Camera tricks, "magic", heroes, villains - meh ...
(Emma liked it ...)

You need to watch Make Believe and see some seriously talented teens and true magicians.

"American Graffiti" (1973) Pure movie magic, it was the springboard for about 20 acting careers. When they say "They don`t make `em like that anymore !", this is what they`re talking about. Completely enjoyable, make a BIG bowl of popcorn ! :)

I just got the Bluray for this, was planning on watching it soon.

I saw this movie at the Drive In when it first came out, or shortly after.

Finally picked up Batman v Superman and just watched the 3-hour Ultimate Edition version. *SO* much better than the theatrical cut.

Finally picked up Batman v Superman and just watched the 3-hour Ultimate Edition version. *SO* much better than the theatrical cut.

That's not saying much. For me that would take it from thoroughly unwatchable to unwatchable.

That's not saying much. For me that would take it from thoroughly unwatchable to unwatchable.

Ouch. I didn't say that I started liking what they did with Luthor, but I do think that it filled in a *lot* of holes that were missing. Not a comic book movie fan? Of course, I could just be too much of one.

Bullitt, On Bluray, Never looks dated, Steve McQueen, Car chase. Classic:thumbsup:
Probably the best car chase, with one little continuity issue....how many times did they pass that same VW Bug during the chase ? :)
Also, if you watch Bullit, The French Connection, and The Seven Ups in close proximity, (all containing great chase scenes), you will see that all 3 used the same people (actors and stunt people), and elements of the same soundtrack during those scenes....

Probably the best car chase, with one little continuity issue....how many times did they pass that same VW Bug during the chase ? :)
Also, if you watch Bullit, The French Connection, and The Seven Ups in close proximity, (all containing great chase scenes), you will see that all 3 used the same people (actors and stunt people), and elements of the same soundtrack during those scenes....

Interesting, Have scene the Bullit documentary and they bring up the French Connection, Also learned they only had a permit to go 60mph thru the city. McQueen stated there are scenes where he's going over 100mhp. Also the Chargers used where much faster than the Mustangs. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom