So You Think You Have The Only One

My ST-70 Variant has a blank brushed aluminum faceplate, so that all connections are on the back panel. That makes it different from most other ST70-based iterations. The two OPTs are the only Dynaco parts. Has the Dynamull PCB which allows biasing the EL-34 tubes separately (rather than in pairs as the original design), and a beefier PS Xformer with larger caps, which is not so unique, but with all other parts brand new at the time of the build a year or so ago, and the non-Dynaco chassis, in combination with said arrangement of connections, you could look a long time to find another like it. Rustnrot did his usual neat job so it looks very nice, too. I always hate seeing the interconnects plugged into the front of many tube amps, so that (and the price) was a huge selling point for me. It has been pictured in more than one thread, so I'll do a search and post a link to one. Rustnrot claimed 45wpc, but as he didn't specify distortion I tend to stick with the 35wpc figure, not that the difference is significant, especially when hooked with Khorns.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/in...t-audio-purchase.418419/page-163#post-9685306

Last edited:
Made for model year 1990 only, I had hunted these since. I followed this actual pair through Europe for many years until I found them again in Canada at a dealer where I purchased them. Much wrong had been done to one of them, it is still being rectified. The other is now fine. Beyond rare. IMG_0855.JPG

Picked up a Panasonic 3100B integrated amp... this picture can be found on Google... it's the actual unit I purchased, and own. Picture was from eBay, i was the lucky sap to get it. Was listed as parts, did not play.... the unit is in 10/10 in cond it looks new.

Got the unit in, just to realize the jumpers in the back were in the Tape inputs and not the pre in/out jacks. Moved them and bingo, one of the best sounding amps I own.

I can only find one other site on the unit. Finding info on the amp seems to be next to impossible... I'd love to find the user manual & service manuals.

I would really love to find someone else who has one... I would purchase another in a heart beat.

Great thread

IMG_1368.JPG

Kind Regards,
John

Made for model year 1990 only, I had hunted these since. I followed this actual pair through Europe for many years until I found them again in Canada at a dealer where I purchased them. Much wrong had been done to one of them, it is still being rectified. The other is now fine. Beyond rare. View attachment 820680

Nice,

Love the 90s rare stuff... my Amp/speakers in my main set up were only produced from 91-92.

Awesome amps man!

I know this is the only one, because I made it myself, with my own two little hands.

installed-010.jpg

Love this thread.

I have this Sansui drawer. The outer shell is metal but the actual drawer is wood. Looks like an amp, but I guess that at the time it was manufactured it was meant to hold record cleaning "stuff". I totally forgot I had this until I ran into this thread.

DSC_6139.jpg

DSC_6140.jpg

DSC_6141.jpg

Another: This Kenwood remote control thingy that is supposed to turn an otherwise remoteless amp or preamp into an, I guess, a remote controlled device.
I never hooked t up though so it is anyone's guess if this trick works. This thing is cute and even has a spring loaded hole to stick the remote in.

DSC_6144.jpg

DSC_6143.jpg

DSC_6142.jpg

Another: This Kenwood remote control thingy that is supposed to turn an otherwise remoteless amp or preamp into an, I guess, a remote controlled device.
I never hooked t up though so it is anyone's guess if this trick works. This thing is cute and even has a spring loaded hole to stick the remote in.

DSC_6144.jpg

DSC_6143.jpg

DSC_6142.jpg

Wait... you stick the remote in the box???? How does that work?

The only issue I have with this thread is it reminds me how quickly time passes.

Its over ten years since I started this thread. That reminds me, I've forgotten already.

McIntosh MPI-4, no serial number. I'm the 3rd owner. Originally owned by Jean Filon, long time tuner engineer for McIntosh.

IMG_0030_zpsrvl2im9i.jpg

mcfilon%201969_zpsfwu89jz2.jpg

Love this thread.

I have this Sansui drawer. The outer shell is metal but the actual drawer is wood. Looks like an amp, but I guess that at the time it was manufactured it was meant to hold record cleaning "stuff". I totally forgot I had this until I ran into this thread.

DSC_6139.jpg

DSC_6140.jpg

DSC_6141.jpg
Never knew something like that existed.I'll bet that is highly coveted by a Sansui rack aficionado.

I have a Harman Kardon model 330 receiver. I can't seem to find any info on that particular model.
There is plenty on H/K 330a, 330b and 330c - but not the 330 without the a,b or c designation.

I have a Harman Kardon model 330 receiver. I can't seem to find any info on that particular model.
There is plenty on H/K 330a, 330b and 330c - but not the 330 without the a,b or c designation.
Try looking at hifiengine.com all you have to do is register and it's free. If they don't have the owner and service manual , it night be hard to find.

I'm sure more must exist, I just haven't seen anyone else actually mention having one.

Jensen Model BL-151 speaker cabinet. Picked up this gem about 16 years ago for the Stephens 206ax inside. The cabinet seemed to have a home built look to it, and all along I assumed it was.

However when I was looking for some information in the old (online) Radio Shack catalogs I spotted it on page 171 of the 1953 issue. (also appears on page 175 in the 1954 issue)

So.... not a home built after all....

IMG_20161124_140325568 (1).jpg

jensen 2.jpg

jensen 3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom