What brand is your main receiver?

What brand is your main receiver/amp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Marantz 2330.

But its in the shop as the moment. Should be back this week. Then my Sansui 1000a that has been my backup will be moved to the garage where the (trashed-looking but great sounding) Klipsch LaScalas are waiting.

My preferred receiver at the moment is a Harman Kardon HK740, though right now I'm using a Sony and Onkyo. I have owned other HKs and used a friend's Pioneer for a while. I'm happy with my receivers at the moment. They're not currently on my "need to upgrade" list.

AVR: Denon 3310ci
2-channel: Harman/Kardon separates so doesn't count :)
Bedroom: Sansui QRX-7001 so that's my vote

Sony STR DN1050 in my music room. Works great for my hi-res surround collection. Has onboard decoder for DSD and 24/192 in 7.2 (I'm currently 5.2). I also have a Denon AVR1712 up in the family room for the home theater stuff, so yes, 2 surround systems set up full time. I also use a Kenwood KA1100SD for a 2 channel system. All 3 see regular use.

Pioneer SX-1250, although I bridge-out to my Carver M-400. The tech who restored the SX said it had been a very long time since he had been able to obtain such good performance out of an FM section. While he didn't mention it, I can tell you that the phono pre-amp is exceptionally good.

VIKING SC-5814!
Replaced a Marantz 2385 working and looking good but ces't la Vie:)

Marantz 2500, 2325, 2285B European face plate, (2)-2270's Champagne and Silver engraved faceplates.

Back
Top Bottom