William Christopher Dies: Father Mulcahy Actor On ‘M.A.S.H.’ Was 84

He was great in that role. I remember him from a couple of episodes where he had to perform a tracheotomy and another one where he was worrying about impressing a visiting priest, and he gave this great sermon where he owned up to how he was acting.

Rest in peace...

He was great in that role. I remember him from a couple of episodes where he had to perform a tracheotomy and another one where he was worrying about impressing a visiting priest, and he gave this great sermon where he owned up to how he was acting.

Rest in peace...
I also remember where the other cast members imitated him . RIP

Another one down :( just had to take out a half-dozen more in the final week or so--good riddance 2016. I hope that 2017 is a little "kindler and gentler" to the entertainment community!

I also remember where the other cast members imitated him . RIP

I don't remember that. Do you mean, on the show?

I remember another show, where they set the show up to have the characters interviewed by a reporter, and the characters give commentary. And Father Mulcahy talks about how in the freezing temperatures, the doctors warm their hands over the wounds of the soldiers, and he says "how can you not be changed by that?"

I remember another show, where they set the show up to have the characters interviewed by a reporter, and the characters give commentary. And Father Mulcahy talks about how in the freezing temperatures, the doctors warm their hands over the wounds of the soldiers, and he says "how can you not be changed by that?"
I think the episode is where they are trying to watch a movie in a big tent and the movie projector keeps breaking down . To pass the time , they do songs and imitations of movie stars . Then they do a Father Mulcahy sound alike contest .

http://www.tv.com/shows/mash/movie-tonight-43318/

Such a great show from my childhood. I still find the acting in this era to be superior to what we have now...

M*A*S*H has a special place in my heart (first regular weekly date with my wife-to-be in the 70s), and Father Mulcahy was a favorite character. I also enjoy Hogan's Heroes reruns, and William Christopher pops up now and then in a guest role. IMDB shows 4 different episodes where he appeared, each time a different character.

He seemed to fit his character...like a glove.

His frustration both with what horrific things that were going around him and his constant feeling of inadequacy flowed so well from his interpretation in his role as the Father of the camp

Another loss.:( Time marches on.

Q

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom