Let’s see those table lamps - vintage or modern

I see what you mean but I can not get it out . Any suggestions ?I even wrapped it in a towel and hit it with a hammer and it would not budge .
DSC_0009_zpsjlmcwpbx.jpg
Turn it up so that you can apply penetrating oil to both tubing connections, then try again. ....no lube is bad :)

I have always used Zoom Spout for this. You have to apply the oil on the outside of the slide and the inside as well. Pull the piston valves and run the oil spout down the tube as close as you can get to the inside of the tuning slide and apply oil there and then let is sit for a day or so. As has been suggested use a kitchen towel to pull the slide. You can often free the slide after it is oiled by sliding it in, you just need to break it loose. If this doesn't work you need to take, or send it to a instrument repair shop where they have a tool that can pull the slide with out damage.

zoom-spout-lilly-white-stainless-sewing-machine-oi.jpg

One of the things that makes beautiful table lamps are Clarinets. You can find student grade instruments by the truck load at pawn shops and Goodwill stores. You can often find metal Clarinets that where originally made for marching bands and really do not have the nice wooden Clarinet sound so you are not using something that should be restored and played.

41idkl7DMLL._SY300_.jpg

transmaster, last year I grabbed a clarinet lamp at a rummage sale. It was a Vito clarinet, and according to the brass plaque, it was presented as a gift to someone from Vito and Leon Pascucci of LeBlanc here in Kenosha.
vito10_zpsnt8tnfz1.jpg

Wow!!!!!! what a provenance Vito Pascucci is the founder of LeBlanc Instruments and Leon was his oldest son and took the company over before selling it off to Conn-Selmer. To a person who collects instruments this would be a real find.

I actually went to high school with Leon. When I decided to sell it, it didn't bring much. :idea: I thought it would bring a lot more than it did. Oh well, someone owns a pretty unique lamp.

Back
Top Bottom