look what my buddy found for free !!!!!!

boatdrinks77

My friend got these for free......

He asked me if they were any good. haha

This is the same friend who called me last year and said "I bought a Sansui amp at the thrift store for $19.99 - I was gonna leave it, but it was heavy, so I bought it --- it's a model number AU-919"

Dan :music::music:

...offer him a quick way to make a "c-note!" lol! Like thxdave says, I should have such friends! So, two great amps for FREE and an SX5580 tonight for $40! I must be living wrong! :idea:

Wow!!!
In the early 90's I would find stuff like that in the local town recycle center. Then ebay came along and the workers guarded that bin like a bank vault. I figure I sold about $5k of stuff out of those bins until the game was over.

Does your friend even like that kind of stuff?

I had the Sansui AU-717 which is similar to the 919. It was OK. Looks like a million bucks!!! but sonically just OK sounding.

I'll fix em up for him. I have more fun working on the stuff then owning it ! lol

The pic i took makes them look better than they really are . They look pretty dreadful - and they smell like cigarette smoke...ugh
One of the speaker terminals is torn off the 510 and it hums loudly when plugged in. I haven't really done anything with them yet. When I do, I will post pics as I go along......

It's always fun to see these kinds of things for real and to get your hands on them, rather than just looking at pics. Dan :music:

wow. I must have pissed off the gods somewhere along the way. Here I am planning to blow my entire bonus this year on a power amp. lol What a great haul though!

Back
Top Bottom