Ordered Cherry RF-7ii speakers today.

Hasty1

Call me crazy, but I ordered a NEW set of RF-7ii speakers in cherry veneer today. I've mulled this over for days, and I suppose a combination of the deep Christmas discounts they are offering and "Miller Time" got the best of me :D These are the first Klipsch speakers I've ever bought new. I'm not planning on nixing my old La Scalas (with THX2 Subs), but I've been wanting some "real" speakers for my smallish listening/music/karaoke room.

I'm psyched to see how these sound with the myriad amps I've got around. I'm going into this thinking my Sansui AU-717 will be a winner.

Last edited:
Good for you, I always loved the look of the RF -7, especially in Cherry. Hope to hear them one day.

The are the only speakers I have had that my dog looks at and sings along to.Well if the dog dog digs them they can't be to bad.Cheers

Last edited:
Haha cool!! And with a beefy Sansui integrated, no less. That should be a great combination! Let us know what you think, and congrats.:banana:

I've been wondering about those, and look forward to reading what a Heritage owner thinks of them. I'm excited for ya! Will keep an eye out for your follow-up.

After listening to the RF-7ii speakers for a few weeks I would feel comfortable saying they are a more versatile speaker than a vintage LaScala. I feel they have slightly more clarity without quite as much of a warm sound. That could be related to titanium diaphragms vs phenolic. The LaScalas have a bigger sounding midrange, but the RF7ii by no means sounds small. The high placement of the horn in the RF's really help push the sound out into a room and the pair of 10's have a lot of punch (a lacking feature on a LaScala). I'd love to try them with a really powerful amp. They are incredibly well composed, but also have the ability to play loud.

Maybe I should give these a whirl with my SX-1980 and see how they sound with some serious power. :D

Last edited:
They should play very well with the SX-1980.Using 250 watts x 2 from my Mcintosh does not bother them a bit.

Does the horn become overpowering with the high wattage? I know that the pair of 10's in an RF7ii could really slam with a lot of power, but I question whether the volume output from the horn would simply get overpowering before turning it up that much. (I'd bet that bi-amping these would work fantastically since you could adjust the balance between the horn and the bass drivers)

I do not find the horn over powering at high wattage.If I am hitting 500w peaks I stop after a few tunes to try and keep my hearing.

congrats and you're gonna love'm.. i recommend gettin' the matched center channel speaker & the klipsch Dolby Atmos speaks for'm and will also really enjoy in a Mult channel/HT setup as thats what they were made for..yup, bettin' you're gonna absolutely love'm..

Hbar

After listening to the RF-7ii speakers for a few weeks I would feel comfortable saying they are a more versatile speaker than a vintage LaScala. I feel they have slightly more clarity without quite as much of a warm sound. That could be related to titanium diaphragms vs phenolic. The LaScalas have a bigger sounding midrange, but the RF7ii by no means sounds small. The high placement of the horn in the RF's really help push the sound out into a room and the pair of 10's have a lot of punch (a lacking feature on a LaScala). I'd love to try them with a really powerful amp. They are incredibly well composed, but also have the ability to play loud.

Maybe I should give these a whirl with my SX-1980 and see how they sound with some serious power. :D

I am pondering getting a set of these. I was quoted a really good price by local dealer plus center channel. What are your thoughts on them now?

Sounds like you're very pleased with the sound. Have you consider modifying the crossover to tame some ringing? There's a big thread on the Klipsch Forum by DeanG about adding a resistor in the tweeter branch (and also upgrading caps which he can do). Just a thought. I've built a set from scratch with all new Klipsch parts for a friend with a curved cabinet. They sound awesome! I know you'll enjoy the sound.

Attachments

• IMG_9981.JPG
    IMG_9981.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 32
  • FRONT VERTICAL TRIM.JPG
    FRONT VERTICAL TRIM.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 32
I am pondering getting a set of these. I was quoted a really good price by local dealer plus center channel. What are your thoughts on them now?

I still like them a lot. I don't think you'll have any regrets, especially for double duty for music and home theater. Another thing is that Klipsch is supposed to release a matching wood veneer sub this year sometime.

The RF7ii, may be the most versatile speaker Klipsch offers. It's a lot of bang for the buck for sure.

I still like them a lot. I don't think you'll have any regrets, especially for double duty for music and home theater. Another thing is that Klipsch is supposed to release a matching wood veneer sub this year sometime.

The RF7ii, may be the most versatile speaker Klipsch offers. It's a lot of bang for the buck for sure.

I really liking the looks of them. Plus I thought they would be great to use on my dedicated 2 ch as well. Not to mention they are wife approved on looks. Lol.

Sounds like you're very pleased with the sound. Have you consider modifying the crossover to tame some ringing? There's a big thread on the Klipsch Forum by DeanG about adding a resistor in the tweeter branch (and also upgrading caps which he can do). Just a thought. I've built a set from scratch with all new Klipsch parts for a friend with a curved cabinet. They sound awesome! I know you'll enjoy the sound.

Those look amazing!

Back
Top Bottom