Show us your Motorcycles

Motorcycles are inherently unsafe by design so no one should ride them at all. And please, these stupid 10 foot long choppers. And why would anyone ride a bike with drum brakes? Or a hand shift? We could move to cars...why drive a '63 Corvette when a '17 has all those safety features?
We do because we feel like it and like the feel. Good enough reason for most of us.

Your brother had an accident, sorry. What was he riding, how was he riding, was he even using his head, thinking,or screwing around.
Don't put your labels on someone else you don't even know. I know ALL about tires, from date code to ratings. I also know it's exposure to sunlight , outside that speeds up , ozone.etc.
Gotta go eat
I'm gonna finish this....

CKDC means well, I am convinced. He just has a rather "forward" way of expressing himself. I have been riding motorcycles for 50 years and now I'm going to be schooled on what constitutes a contact patch. Regarding "Francis", I was referring to BOTH of you fellows in a (rather misguided) attempt to ease tensions by injecting some levity. Apparently, I was not even slightly successful. What amazes me is that this thread was not shut down by moderators. In fact, I have to give them credit for not responding too quickly. I dearly love this site and am deeply appreciative of the information I am able to glean here. Yet one time I was nearly banished for posting a picture of a Harley at Billy Joel's museum in a discussion about Henderson motorcycles. I thought I was doing good by posting the photo; I thought it was a great way to integrate both motorcycles and music in one post. Yet, I came close to being savagely attacked for some apparent infraction, as it offended a member here. The very last thing I seek to to offend anyone at all, and in fact, try to put out fires. Hopefully, this one is already extinguished. i love hearing about the music, and I also love seeing the bikes. Enough said...

I'm a man of my words, I said I had to go eat and then come back and finish this...I can be forward to. I give what I get.....
I enjoy talking bikes . I like talking about my bike ,answering questions, asking questions, seeing all of ya'lls bikes, having conversations with other people .....you know, no pretense,no attitudes, no egos, no know it alls....
And then BOOM, out of no where comes the left hook, unexpected. Some guy thinks he knows it all and everyone else is stupid and ignorant if they don't see things his way. Arrogant, pompous junk that spoils it ,at least for me.....
Always that one that wants to denigrate someone else, prove he's better and smarter........well, I...DON'T....BACK....DOWN....TO....ANYONE.....
Ok...done.....and I understood the Francis deal....no problem...
Nice Harley........take care......and it was nice conversing with you....

Last edited:
I like the peace sign....wow, .a woman that doesn't want you to sell a bike?.......Doesn't get much better than that.

Restored 1972 CB 350 and an unrestored, but nice and runs, 1975 RD 350.

Used to have about 10 bikes, at any one time, rotating in and out, all seventies or early eighties Jap stuff, Honda CB's, Yamaha 650's, RD's, Suzuki GT and GS's, choppers, rats, etc. Was making pretty good money buying dead stuff and getting them running again, and even on parts bikes. Even built a couple of hardtail Yamaha 650's.

Then bought my first Gold Wing, a 1976, and sold off everything else as nothing, in that vintage, came close for comfort. Remember the first three years, Gold Wings were the best Honda offered and were the second fastest bike you could buy. Only the Kawaski Z900 was faster. It was only later, after Honda realized that the dealers were making most into touring bikes, that they became the big cruisers many people think they always were, not that the original models were not big, they were. But they handle surprisingly well, even the old ones and were really quick, at least through the 1977 models. Once they are dialed in, they are about as perfect as a vintage bike gets. There truly is, no vibration. We used to joke, when they were new, that a GW was basically a 2 wheeled car, not really that far from the truth. Even today, they can be a very good buy for someone wanting a dependable vintage bike. With care, they have been known to hit 200k. But sold my last 1976 GW, a factory yellow one, a couple of years ago. Thought I was done at that point.

Then the CB 350 came up at a deal that was too good to pass up (basically free, from a very good friend). Then while riding the CB and stopping at a pawn shop, the owner asked if I knew anyone interested in old bikes. I said "maybe, what kind?". He said an old Yamaha. The strange thing was the only bike I really had any interest in was a 1975 Yamaha RD 350, in factory orange, as I used to have one and loved it. I was not really interested in getting another bike. Guess what it was? Title, keys, everything, good shape, and a giveway price. So back to two bikes again. Photo of the RD is the day I picked it up. As you can see, cosmetically only needs a seat cover. The acceleration on these, is unreal for a vintage 350, if you keep them in the power band, very close to a 750 4 stroke of the same vintage and there is just something about an old 2 stroke, especially this model. Also a picture of a picture of my last Gold Wing which I regretted selling about 10 minutes after I did it, and my current Honda CB 350, seat is unlocked as battery was removed for storage, taken today.

IMG_0048.JPG
IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG

Last edited:
It's hard to find bikes in that condition, really nice.some of Those smaller cc rd's and Kawasaki 2 cycles would embarrass a lot of 750 owners in the day.
I had a 79 gold wing with a windjammer fairing for a couple of months back in 1981. What a great bike..
Congrats....

Had an '84 Gold Wing Interstate for several years and found it ultimately an uncomfortable fit. A shame as I'd always admired them. The most diabolically uncomfortable MC I'd tried was a 750 Yamaha I'd previously coveted, a very short ride and I was done. The lesson is that fit matters and these didn't.
Some that did include an '88 HD superhog with Corbin solo seat, 2005 Honda VTX 1800 F2 with Corbin tour seat, and 2015 Indian Scout.

My long gone 1943 BSA M20. It was a WWII machine and did its service in Egypt; old style manual advance ignition and 500 cc single cylinder, a torquey stump-puller of an engine. Someone had bobbed the rear fender and painted it royal blue, I redid it to suit the vintage period. Sold to start our kids college funds, I still miss it. My avatar is my current bike, a 2002 Triumph Bonneville. Nice and smooth, with electric start for my old knees and ankles.

1-43bsaalone.jpg

...and my 1956 BSA Road Rocket, a 650 cc twin, also manual-advance ignition but now with shocks at the rear. From the heady days of BSA, when they focused on reliability and durability while sacrificing a bit of speed (I could still do about 105 MPH on it). It was a wonderful motorcycle. Sadly, by 1970 it was over for BSA and the rest of them as the fabulous Honda CB 750 buried the stodgy British bike industry. This was taken for our 1996 Christmas card with our little girls, who are in their 30s now.

kids on motorcycle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom