What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

At work. With Earbuds in listening to tunes. Got Meddle on right now. Can't wait to get home to my man cave so I can listen to music on my rig, much more enjoyable.
Blitz, be happy that you can listen to your music at work. I'm stuck with whatever plays on the PA at Lowes...and it's usually pretty bad. Once in a while Argent's "Hold Your Head Up" will come on, or Elton John's "Crocodile Rock", but it's usually dance oriented pop crap or lousy emo music.

Hello folks, I am back from the mountains. Looks like you have been busy! Below is today's thrift store haul. I am particularly psyched about the Stanley Brothers album. Spinning t now.

IMG_0175_zpstimsbnpe.jpg

Blitz, be happy that you can listen to your music at work. I'm stuck with whatever plays on the PA at Lowes...and it's usually pretty bad. Once in a while Argent's "Hold Your Head Up" will come on, or Elton John's "Crocodile Rock", but it's usually dance oriented pop crap or lousy emo music.
Oh the horror! To bad you can't wear earplugs, but I suppose you have to talk with customers. BTW: How are the average customers? Are most cool, or are there a lot of belligerent ones?

Oh the horror! To bad you can't wear earplugs, but I suppose you have to talk with customers. BTW: How are the average customers? Are most cool, or are there a lot of belligerent ones?
Most of them are fine. But there's some real jerks who tear stuff up, and then there's the ones who come in and want advice on any range of topics from re-wiring their entire house to building a deck, or putting on a new roof, running gas lines, blah,blah,blah. I always tell them "I'm a retired telephone man, those skills get me nothing in the real world so I work at Lowes. If I knew how to do any of that stuff you're asking me about then I'd be doing it instead of working here". And then they go, "Oh really? But you work here" and they proceed to keep asking me questions about stuff I know nothing about. I told one guy I'd take him to someone who could answer his questions, and then I walked him to the DIY books and magazines and said "here, have at it".

Last edited:
Most of them are fine. But there's some real jerks who tear stuff up, and then there's the ones who come in and want advice on any range of topics from re-wiring their entire house to building a deck, or putting on a new roof, running gas lines, blah,blah,blah. I always tell them "I'm a retired telephone man, those skills get me nothing in the real world so I work at Lowes. If I knew how to do any of that stuff you're asking me about then I'd be doing instead of working here". And then they go, "Oh really? But you work here" and they proceed to keep asking me questions about stuff I know nothing about. I told one guy I'd take to someone who could answer his questions, and then I walked him to the DIY books and magazines and said "here, have at it".
LOL on your last sentence!

Most of them are fine. But there's some real jerks who tear stuff up, and then there's the ones who come in and want advice on any range of topics from re-wiring their entire house to building a deck, or putting on a new roof, running gas lines, blah,blah,blah. I always tell them "I'm a retired telephone man, those skills get me nothing in the real world so I work at Lowes. If I knew how to do any of that stuff you're asking me about then I'd be doing instead of working here". And then they go, "Oh really? But you work here" and they proceed to keep asking me questions about stuff I know nothing about. I told one guy I'd take to someone who could answer his questions, and then I walked him to the DIY books and magazines and said "here, have at it".

You're like the LEWIS BLACK of Lowes. Btw, that's a compliment.

Blitz, that SL-QD33 is nearly fresh out of the box new. I bought it for my parents way back in the days of the digital conversion. Then shortly thereafter I bought them a carousel CD player, showed them how to use it. The turntable sat virtually unused for 30 years and then I recovered it when we sold their house last year.

Again, late to the party as always.

I have an SL-QD33 that I used for years. Never gave me a problem. Loved it. Only replaced it because I bought an SL-1200MKII. Probably going to give the QD33 to a friend in the next week or so.

LOL on your last sentence!
And I mean it was from one corner of the store to the other corner of the store, and you know how big Lowes is. And all along the way we had to keep stopping so I could tell people where the furnace filters are, or where the bathrooms are, or where do I find one those things that goes into that thing. I've got a million of those stories Blitz. Anytime you want a laugh just say "Hey Frank, tell me a Lowes story".

Again, late to the party as always.

I have an SL-QD33 that I used for years. Never gave me a problem. Loved it. Only replaced it because I bought an SL-1200MKII. Probably going to give the QD33 to a friend in the next week or so.
Totally love mine, Wayne. It does yeoman service and never gives a hint of trouble. The only problem I have with it is that I put a drop of clock oil on the dustcover hinges after having to fix a broken hinge ear on my Yamaha, (didn't want to break the SL-QD33's ears) and now it wants to close on it's own.

You're like the LEWIS BLACK of Lowes. Btw, that's a compliment.
Thanks Ted. It's remarkable they haven't fired me, but I have a way of subjecting people to my brand of customer service that, in the end, let's them know that they were being stupid, not me. By and large none of the crazy stuff ever happens. It's just that one in a hundred customers that bring it out of me.

Back
Top Bottom