Show us your age!

Show us your age!

• Total voters
I was a sophmore in HS when JFK was killed!!! A good friend and I had just walked into the local Malt shop and the lady behind the counter was crying. A day that has been with me all my life.
The year was 1963 for those who don't know.

I was a sophmore in HS when JFK was killed!!! A good friend and I had just walked into the local Malt shop and the lady behind the counter was crying. A day that has been with me all my life.
The year was 1963 for those who don't know.

I was in 2nd grade, never saw nuns crying before that day, even Mother Superior.

Turned 71 last month and feel like I've exceeded my warranty. I still work out regularly and remain active. Had bicep repair/rotator tear surgery on both shoulders, left in 2014 and right in 2016. Recovery was slow but incredibly successful. I've worked my bench press back to 185-195, but don't think I will ever do 225 again. Maintaining cardio is tougher than strength. And yes I still enjoy an adult beverage and an occasional toke :)

41 and been into this hobby a good 6 years now and it's great. I still like to ride my skateboard at the skatepark with my kids. Life is good :D

52 years. At this age I can't stand the thought of any of my arteries hardening.
I used to put it under the fence rail to stop hitting myself in the face, now it is over the rail so I don't hit my shoes

53 for me. I've dug music since I can remember. I was recently reading the open baffle epiphany thread, and remembered when my brother and I, at 13 or 14 had gathered all the random speaker drivers we had collected ~10, and put them on a plywood board, and we had our own epiphany listening to Boston's Foreplay/Longtime real loud in the garage. My earliest greatest HiFi memory.
I only got into vintage Hi Fi 4 years ago but I'm glad to have gathered a set of components as old as I am, 1963, Harman Kardon Citation I and Citation II, MR67 Mac tuner, and a Rek O Kut turntable under refurbishment. Driving a set of AR 3as. I find it way cool that a HiFi set as old as I sounds so good.

34 next month. Always been a huge fan of music and it naturally segued into audio world after obtaining some of my fathers gear several years ago.

54 y/o here... Got into stereo round 1978/1979 when I was 15/16 years old. The first "real" stereo system I heard was a mix of lower-end Pioneer and JVC equipment that belong to an old girlfriend's family. It really blew away my family's old Montgomery Ward's cheap 8-Track stereo.

Enlisted in the Army in 1980 and was stationed in Germany, where I was finally able to purchase my first "real" stereo system. My first system was a cheap "all-in-one" Kenwood rack system, which was soon replaced by a mix of then, Kenwood's top of the line equipment, including several dbx "black boxes" to give my LPs more audio punch... I've been hooked ever since and have zero regrets!!

I really miss the 80s to the mid 90s where you knew that every manufacturer would release a new yearly line-up of equipment, which gave me something to always look forward too. Also, the release of the Compact Disc in the mid 80s was a major highpoint in my audio enjoyment and will always be the centerpiece of my love for audio equipment. BTW, I've been a die-hard Yamaha fan since 1987. Now that I'm semi-retired, both military and civilian, I'm in the process building my last Yamaha "mid-fi" system based around their A-S801 amplifier.

...Give me audio/video or give me death!!

Back
Top Bottom