How mant tabs do you have open right now?

I usually have them most open when I am browsing what my standing ebay searches have turned up (maybe 6?) but otherwise 2 or 3.

Edit: and sometimes multiples when I'm doing something related to financial stuff, taxes, medicare, etc.

I usually just open new browser windows as opposed to using tabs. I just hover my mouse over the browser icon in the taskbar and windows shows me a mini-preview of every single browser window that I have open. This, to me, is superior to switching tabs.

win7pwnstabs.jpg

Have any of you looked at your task manager and seen how much of your resources are being used. I have 2 tabs opened right now and am using 382,000k. Tabs eat lots of memory.

I have 24 gigs of memory in my home desktop (mostly for photoshop work)
Tabs don't seem to be a problem ...

1 on the phone.
The computer at home likely has 2 or 3 service manuals open in IE. I generally browse in Chrome.
I'm not sure why that is?:idea:

With high memory #s the memory loss is not a real big deal. I'm using 32bit Win 7 and am limited to 3gb of memory; so it hurts me a bit more.

I keep meaning to get more memory ... but I keep forgetting to ...

What kinda browsers yall using? I've got my usual 7 tabs open right now and task manager shows Chrome using 0.01% of resources. Task Manager was using almost 2% when I checked. I imagine all that social media crap I see listed here takes a pretty good hit as everyone and their mother's brother has half a dozen videos loading in the background ...

1 on the computer and 1 on the tv. I don't open a bunch unless I'm researching something really important like movies to watch, then it can get to be a few until I decide.

3 on this gadget. I picked up the tablet my wife was using the other day. I closed tabs one at a time. Must have been 40 or more. Many I know had been open a week or longer. She does the same with her MacBook.

Back
Top Bottom