Tekton Owners Thread

From what Eric said it would be a costs no object DI with new drivers, wire, capacitors, crossovers......I'm assuming the same enclosure size and driver array. Maybe more enclosure reinforcement? I believe custom paint will be standard. It seems the SEAS transducers are less efficient, if so I hope he doesn't go that route. Maybe a super tweeter in the tweeter array like in the 1812's? Ok, I'm purely speculating out loud now!

Still M
From what Eric said it would be a costs no object DI with new drivers, wire, capacitors, crossovers......I'm assuming the same enclosure size and driver array. Maybe more enclosure reinforcement? I believe custom paint will be standard. It seems the SEAS transducers are less efficient, if so I hope he doesn't go that route. Maybe a super tweeter in the tweeter array like in the 1812's? Ok, I'm purely speculating out loud now!

Still mind boggling it could get better. My next goal is to build a listening room like yours! hopefully the HOA here wont decline my request to add on.

Nice. Also nice that you're getting great performance with them as close together as they are. Another Tekton bonus.

Ya, curse of a very small room. Hope to be getting a larger space. I'd like to see them way further out from the wall as well.
Seems like Eric is a big classical music Fan. I was a bit worried that he designs with only classical and jazz in mind, but turns out that killer bass and fast response is universally good. I had a really hard time deciding between the double impacts and Clayton Shaw's M3 turbo's. Eric won this time but who knows in the future. It came down to sensitivity and frequency response for me. But I know from friends that Spatial is doing some really cool things Just like Eric.

Ya, curse of a very small room. Hope to be getting a larger space. I'd like to see them way further out from the wall as well.
Seems like Eric is a big classical music Fan. I was a bit worried that he designs with only classical and jazz in mind, but turns out that killer bass and fast response is universally good. I had a really hard time deciding between the double impacts and Clayton Shaw's M3 turbo's. Eric won this time but who knows in the future. It came down to sensitivity and frequency response for me. But I know from friends that Spatial is doing some really cool things Just like Eric.
Eric has been a gigging drummer, I believe in the rock genre. My Sigmas definitely do jazz and acoustic based music better than rock. That's not to say that they're not good with rock, just better with jazz. I have them over three feet from back and side walls and about seven feet apart. Great soundstaging and separation. The down side is they're in the living room/kitchen open floor plan and the refrigerator sounds like a 747 taking off at times! Always a trade off I guess.

My DI's are in a smallish room, 13x17 with low 7.5' ceilings and they don't seem too big either physically or sonically to me. After much experimentation with positioning I have them 64" on center which puts them nearly 5' from the side walls and over 7' from the back wall. Listening position is 77" from tweeters. It's a pretty intimate setting and the speakers totally disappear sonically. It helps that it's a dedicated listening room that is acoustically treated. What I love about the DI's and the Enzo's previously is that they are equally comfortable creating rock concert sound levels as they are creating intimate acoustic settings. Im not really into classical....yet.....but imagine they're just as comfortable creating a symphonic experience.

I have decided to go for it and buy the Double Impact speakers. Does anyone have an opinion if the $300.00 upgrade. "This upgrade uses Cardas inputs, upgraded internal wiring, ClarityCap on the tweeter section, and an oversized Jantzen coil on the woofer section." I am not sure if this upgrade is really going to be that noticeable for my ears to hear, what do you think?

I have decided to go for it and buy the Double Impact speakers. Does anyone have an opinion if the $300.00 upgrade. "This upgrade uses Cardas inputs, upgraded internal wiring, ClarityCap on the tweeter section, and an oversized Jantzen coil on the woofer section." I am not sure if this upgrade is really going to be that noticeable for my ears to hear, what do you think?

The clarity cap and wire upgrade are worth it. I wouldn't worry about the input terminals. The stock ones he uses are very nice. You wont regret the Double impacts and people freak when they see them, It's fun to see the expressions.

I second getting the upgrade. There wasn't an upgrade "package" when I ordered mine but I added them all separately. It's difficult to say how much of improvement they make but I figure that the DI's are such a bargain that another $300 is no big deal.

Has anyone bought the Mogami speaker wire from Eric when purchasing his speakers? He sells them for $5.00 per foot. It seems expensive for speaker wire, but looking for any opinions out there. I have read a lot about not needing to buy pricey speaker wire, as the lower cost ones sound no different?

Has anyone bought the Mogami speaker wire from Eric when purchasing his speakers? He sells them for $5.00 per foot. It seems expensive for speaker wire, but looking for any opinions out there. I have read a lot about not needing to buy pricey speaker wire, as the lower cost ones sound no different?

Not totally sure, but I think he used Kimber cable on mine. I believe he once worked for Kimber . Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Eric has been a gigging drummer, I believe in the rock genre. My Sigmas definitely do jazz and acoustic based music better than rock. That's not to say that they're not good with rock, just better with jazz. I have them over three feet from back and side walls and about seven feet apart. Great soundstaging and separation. The down side is they're in the living room/kitchen open floor plan and the refrigerator sounds like a 747 taking off at times! Always a trade off I guess.

I feel your pain with appliances. My fridge has a high pitched whine, and my air conditioning can drop house voltage by 3 volts or more. been thinking about getting a voltage stabilizer. Any of you guy's have experience with them?

I bought a couple of the APC LE1200 voltage regulators based on other users in the computeraudiophile forum using them and the great reviews on Amazon. Btw, 3 volts is not bad, I'm pretty sure that's within spec of many devices. Either way, the APC is simple, solidly built and cheap!

Here's a good review that sums it up, it's for the lower 600va rated model but the same would go for the 1200va which I bought...
https://www.amazon.com/review/R1JVV...detail-glance&nodeID=172282&store=electronics

Here's the 1200va model....
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...=EPH85H57BZYGECNY989Z&dpPl=1&dpID=41pjo-Ze8cL

I bought a couple of the APC LE1200 voltage regulators based on other users in the computeraudiophile forum using them and the great reviews on Amazon. Btw, 3 volts is not bad, I'm pretty sure that's within spec of many devices. Either way, the APC is simple, solidly built and cheap!

Here's a good review that sums it up, it's for the lower 600va rated model but the same would go for the 1200va which I bought...
https://www.amazon.com/review/R1JVVQBKB01MPA/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00009RA5Z&channel =detail-glance&nodeID=172282&store=electronics

Here's the 1200va model....
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...=EPH85H57BZYGECNY989Z&dpPl=1&dpID=41pjo-Ze8cL

Thanks Msas, That's a really decent price as well. Is there much transformer hum coming from the unit?

New member here, just thought I'd chime in. I bought a pair of Impacts in white. Absolutely love them. I have not had every fancy speaker to compare them to, but I did do a lot of auditioning at higher-end audio shops before blindly trying them based on online reviews and talking with Eric. I am so happy I did, because they are just amazing. It did take a few weeks to receive them, but the guy makes everything by himself and he's insanely busy. I also got grills about a week after receiving the speakers but I have them now!

I can't wait to save up a little money to buy surrounds and a center channel for my final setup!!

I am new to the forum and going to jump into the Tekton ring! After talking to Eric he has recommended the Impact. I'm afraid my room and budget are both a little small for the DI. I would love to hear from an Impact owner before I take the plunge. I'm a huge jazz fan and love to hear the true sound of a double bass and the shimmer of cymbals. If someone has a different Tekton to recommend that would be great as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom