Tekton Owners Thread

Sooo... long story short, my 2 year old pushed in the center of one of the woofers on my Pendragon Center... any advice on how to pop it back out? What are my next steps?

Sooo... long story short, my 2 year old pushed in the center of one of the woofers on my Pendragon Center... any advice on how to pop it back out? What are my next steps?

Put him up for adoption?

I assume you are referring to the dust cap.

You might try sucking it out (very gently) by using a vacuum.

Or, try balling up a piece of duct tape, attaching the glue to the cap and gently pulling.

Or, get a pin and bend the tip to create a tiny hook and try pulling it that way.

Get a replacement woofer.

Live with it.

Put him up for adoption?

I assume you are referring to the dust cap.

You might try sucking it out (very gently) by using a vacuum.

Or, try balling up a piece of duct tape, attaching the glue to the cap and gently pulling.

Or, get a pin and bend the tip to create a tiny hook and try pulling it that way.

Get a replacement woofer.

Live with it.

I am new to the forum and going to jump into the Tekton ring! After talking to Eric he has recommended the Impact. I'm afraid my room and budget are both a little small for the DI. I would love to hear from an Impact owner before I take the plunge. I'm a huge jazz fan and love to hear the true sound of a double bass and the shimmer of cymbals. If someone has a different Tekton to recommend that would be great as well.
Eric didn't suggest the OB Sigmas? Jazz is at least 50% of my listening and they just kill it!

This thread is a great thread!

I have to say I have read almost all of the latest posts on this thread and I am now convinced that I want/need tekton speakers!

This is my first post on this forum. And I apologize in advance for my long winded post.

I currently have B&W 804 "S" series speakers. I am also just starting out in tube amps. I currently am running the 804 with a Silk MC100SE, which is an upgraded Yaqin MC100-b. It comes with psvane kt88 tubes and has been upgraded with solen capacitors and something else in the power supply circuit. I also added a svs sb1000 sub, connected to the speaker terminals like PrimaLuna recommended on their site. I keep the amp in triode mode and that's 30 watts per channel.
I really like the sound of the B&W speakers as I listen to a lot of contemporary jazz like Joyce Cooling, Micheal Lington, David Sanborn, Spyro Gyra, Zachary Breaux, etc.... and to some of the old rock and jam bands like umphreys Magee, Animal liberation orchestra.....

My room is in the cellar, and its 10’ 8” wide x 20’ long and with 6’ 10” ceilings

So I emailed Eric and asked if he thought the Enzo xl or the Enzo 2.7 would be good for me? He stated to,consider the impacts for my room size and that if I wanted "dynamics" to go with the Enzo XL or for a slice of everything go with the impacts.

So i wrote back asking what he meant by dynamics's,

While I wait for Eric's answer, I have to ask if anyone has any experience with the Enzo XL and used inexpensive tube gear like I have with them? (I have seen mention of the Enzo but not Xl often) but I may have to go back further.

What are your thoughts with how they play the new Jazz that I listen to? I like to have cymbals sound like cymbals, and horns like real horns. Etc.... (I guess this is everyone's goal)

Thank you for any recommendations or help in advance.

Dave

Last edited:
This thread is a great thread!

I have to say I have read almost all of the latest posts on this thread and I am now convinced that I want/need tekton speakers!

This is my first post on this forum. And I apologize in advance for my long winded post.

I currently have B&W 804 "S" series speakers. I am also just starting out in tube amps. I currently am running the 804 with a Silk MC100SE, which is an upgraded Yaqin MC100-b. It comes with psvane kt88 tubes and has been upgraded with solen capacitors and something else in the power supply circuit. I also added a svs sb1000 sub, connected to the speaker terminals like PrimaLuna recommended on their site. I keep the amp in triode mode and that's 30 watts per channel.
I really like the sound of the B&W speakers as I listen to a lot of contemporary jazz like Joyce Cooling, Micheal Lington, David Sanborn, Spyro Gyra, Zachary Breaux, etc.... and to some of the old rock and jam bands like umphreys Magee, Animal liberation orchestra.....

My room is in the cellar, and its 10’ 8” wide x 20’ long and with 6’ 10” ceilings

So I emailed Eric and asked if he thought the Enzo xl or the Enzo 2.7 would be good for me? He stated to,consider the impacts for my room size and that if I wanted "dynamics" to go with the Enzo XL or for a slice of everything go with the impacts.

So i wrote back asking what he meant by dynamics's,

While I wait for Eric's answer, I have to ask if anyone has any experience with the Enzo XL and used inexpensive tube gear like I have with them? (I have seen mention of the Enzo but not Xl often) but I may have to go back further.

What are your thoughts with how they play the new Jazz that I listen to? I like to have cymbals sound like cymbals, and horns like real horns. Etc.... (I guess this is everyone's goal)

Thank you for any recommendations or help in advance.

Dave

Posting for the first time but have been looking at this thread for quite some time now.

Felt compelled to post a comment since you mentioned the B&W's. Been an owner of the 804's for 13 yrs. Was planning on upgrading to the 802's for about 6 yrs. but am happy that I did not. Initially planned to go with the Pen's but after speaking with Eric and mac48025's reviews went with the DI's. In my opinion even the 802's don't even come close to what the DI's can do. If you can, go with Eric's suggestion and go for the DI's.

Posting for the first time but have been looking at this thread for quite some time now.

Felt compelled to post a comment since you mentioned the B&W's. Been an owner of the 804's for 13 yrs. Was planning on upgrading to the 802's for about 6 yrs. but am happy that I did not. Initially planned to go with the Pen's but after speaking with Eric and mac48025's reviews went with the DI's. In my opinion even the 802's don't even come close to what the DI's can do. If you can, go with Eric's suggestion and go for the DI's.

Hi Band,

Thanks for the input, but Eric stated the Impact and not the DI's. I am worried about the 4ohm impedance and they need to do Jazz well. He stated the Enzo's will, but I have to be sure......and I know I can trust him based on everyone's experience with him!
I just don't want to be missing something by not getting the Impact speakers (not the double impact)

Dave

Thanks for the suggestions! I shot Eric an e-mail around the same time I posted on here yesterday, and he also mentioned using a vacuum to pull the dust cap back out. Worked like a charm!

Now to look into the adoption stuff... :D

Hi Band,

Thanks for the input, but Eric stated the Impact and not the DI's. I am worried about the 4ohm impedance and they need to do Jazz well. He stated the Enzo's will, but I have to be sure......and I know I can trust him based on everyone's experience with him!
I just don't want to be missing something by not getting the Impact speakers (not the double impact)

Dave
I am looking at the same two choices, and have the same concerns. My budget doesn't stretch far enough for the DI's, and they are too large especially in the WAF category. Love to hear more about the Impact.

Yeah, I ordered my Double Impacts in black with grilles and upgrade. I'm so excited to get these, I will post my thoughts after hearing them. Hopefully I will get them soon.

Congrats Rick......you won't be disappointed. The only downside is that you'll probably be wanting a new pre amp and amp after getting them! The upside is that you'll be hard pressed ever making the DI's the weak link in your system.

dwwjr56 and jvmonta......the bad news is there are so many damn choices with Tekton. The good news is there are so many damn choices with Tekon! I would definitely go with what Eric suggests and there really aren't any bad choices. If the DI's don't fit the bill there's the new Electron ( the mini DI), the Impact, Enzo 2.7 or the Lore's. The Enzo XL is still a big speaker but a great choice. I know someone that has the DI's, Enzo XL's and Lores and prefers them in that order, but loves them all.

Funny You mentioned about a new amp and preamp, I have been researching, any advice for an integrated system? Looking at Rega Brio 2017 and NAD

I'm a tube fan and I'm looking at Linear Tube Audio. Rumor has it they'll have an integrated amp later this year. Odyssey Audio has great SS amps and they have a new integrated amp that is very reasonably priced but it's a minimalist design with only one input. I know someone using NAD with Tektons with great results also.

I DID IT!
I ordered the Tekton Enzo XL with all the upgrades Cardas inputs, upgraded internal wiring, ClarityCap on the tweeter section, and an oversized Jantzen coil on the woofer section, in the color red (not glossy but the standard). Cant wait to get em!
Eric is such a pleasure to speak with also!

dwwjr56, I think you will be thrilled with Enzo XL's! I have a Silk MS-38 and my DI's put a grin on my face every time I listen do them.

I like the idea of the Electron/mini DI. Too bad Eric couldn't have priced it at say $2500. A little more space between the price would have been a good thing. Just my opinion of course.

MHZenith,

Man you don't know how happy I am to hear that someone has practically the same amp I do! Ray is a great guy to work with. He must have answered about 20 questions for me when I was ready to buy. I also bought the MS23 phone amp from him. Its very quiet but I am still breaking it in and the amp as well. I have about 45 or so hours ( I have to check my logs) on the amp and about 2 on the phono amp.
I am so happy that you are enjoying them with the DI's, I hope the Enzo's are as good sounding. I am coming from B&W's and I am expecting a LOT!

Mac, thanks for the words of encouragement. It was basically because of all your posts that I bought them! Hopefully the Enzo's with all the upgrades and the "new technology patent" will be darn close to what you and others are experiencing with the DI's.
I would have bought the Di's but the budget was thin and the room was pretty small in width.

I haven't yet been able to audition these, (I'm hoping to soon). I know the DI's have plenty of bass, but how would you guys that own them rate them with voices? My application would be primarily home theater, and I'd be running a set of DI's in phantom mode, so dynamism, bass response, and good articulation with voices are all important to me. What are your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom