Fairchild Pre Amp and Amp

Nice preamp and it seems your stero controller has the cream colored plate like mine.thepicture i posted looks like he has the cream color for the preamps and the white for the 247 control.

Judging by the looks of the knob on the 255a amplfier its a volume knob .id probally take it and put it on the amp as it is matching and since its only painted and not engraved you half way there to getiing someone to paint you up the correct writing on it.or cnc one

The front panel could be made.
If you can get a good scan, turn it to black and white,clean up the pic, (remove all of the extra pixels that are not part of what you want engraved)
size the image, and bring it to a trophy shop.It is also possible to send the image to front panel express.

Quest for a good picture that I can lift the front panel clean it up. Thanks I have use front panel express in the past but for rack mount front panels they do a good job and give a package of gummy bears with each order!

The pic I started with was this. I'm sure someone could take a better closeup of a 255a, straight on(so the aspect ratio doesn't need correcting)pic

1115fairchild%20(6).jpg

This is what the final pic looked like:

1.75x3.33 fairchild260logo.jpg

Last edited:
Another example of great minds think alike, I was playing with that picture yesterday, the aspect needs to be corrected with something better than paint, I can skew, but not trapezoid. I don't have a photo editor.

Hi mike,as i stated previously that fairchild 260 foil never came on the 255a only the early 260 amplifiers.if you want your amp to be correct youll have to get one made like the picture i posted.regards,
Chris

One thing, If using paint, you can directly size the image to fit your amp.Then at the place you have it made, specify exact size.

Back
Top Bottom