Kenwood 650

bhames

Greetings. Opinions wanted. I have been collecting 70's gear for a couple of years (though not Kenwood) and stumbled across a gentleman that was clearing audio gear from his apartment. He was passionate about equipment but due to medical issues could no longer work / enjoy the pieces. I was able to purchase at basement prices many supreme pieces including a Kenwood 650 integrated amp. It is currently not working and needing much much love. The face is pretty clean.

Knowing the 650 is a rare amp, I am wondering if it is worth trying to get it running or if it would be better to sell as is and be done with it. It appears to be 'all there' but currently dead as a door nail. I haven't done any troubleshooting at this point.

Coming to the Kenwood forum and asking if you should restore an iconic piece like yours, I doubt seriously you are going to get many nays here!
Of course you simply must restore that amp!! :bigok: They are some of the best of their era, at least of the major Japanese mfg's

Excellent piece! I have it and the matching 650T and they are here to stay. Worth a full restoration and at minimum a repair to get it running so you can hear it. Maybe a simple fix.

Back
Top Bottom