Bet I Stump Ya On This Unknown Speaker

I don't think EV on this one. It rather screams of Allied/Knight or early Realistic/Radio Shack or Lafayette Radio to me.........I don't think Heathkit, because usually Heathkit identified everything with their own name on it somewhere.

I have no idea, but that wire and the speaker terminal just look like a short in the making to me. A nice pair of O-rings would take my paranoia away. Sorry, I took out a nice old amp many many years ago and it has clouded my view of wiring. :confused: :crazy:

I have no idea, but that wire and the speaker terminal just look like a short in the making to me. A nice pair of O-rings would take my paranoia away. Sorry, I took out a nice old amp many many years ago and it has clouded my view of wiring. :confused: :crazy:

The current wiring got my attention, sure looks like a accident waiting to happen.

I have no idea and I know nothing Mr Wonderful, why don't you bless us with your higher level of intelligence and give us the answer...
Dunno - that's why I asked the question! That approach certainly is unique in my experience.

It would be like disconnecting the tweeter altogether. :)

Dunno - that's why I asked the question! That approach certainly is unique in my experience.

It would be like disconnecting the tweeter altogether. :)

That was a great deflection of my flaming arrow of sarcasm and I DO respect your knowledge...

Why on earth would the tweeter need 30 db of attenuation? :)
The attenuation goes well beyond 30db, it should go to infinity, or in other words turn completely off whatever is connected to it when it's rotated fully counterclockwise.

The woofer is a CTS without question, it's stamped with CTS EIA code. Beyond that, it actually says "CTS FR-15" below the EIA code.

At leased they have something like a real crossover. me? I would spend a couple bucks on some new film caps and and ditch the old electrolytics. You could easily sell them to the hipster down the street as "vintage restored" if they sound bad.

Not to worry. I moved them after the shot, and it was hooked to a newer marantz.

At leased they have something like a real crossover. me? I would spend a couple bucks on some new film caps and and ditch the old electrolytics. You could easily sell them to the hipster down the street as "vintage restored" if they sound bad.
I've been hunting speakers & such for 8yrs & have never come across cans in a crossover.
Also it sounds dynamite for what it is. A doghouse W/15" Woofer. GR8 Lows but its the midrange
& highs that impress me a lot. Too bad I got 1 only

Back
Top Bottom