Pre Amp Problem Solved. So Embarrassed!!

zar

Thanks to all that responded to my original thread regarding my Musical Fidelity A3cr and the mysterious problems with distortion and severe cross talk. It turns out that I had my cd player recorder hooked up wrong. I had the interconnects to trap rec instead of tape in. This caused distortion when I played my Arcam cd player and might have had something to do with the cross talk because the shop said all was well with the pre amp. If I had simply kept my head and took my time I would have saved myself two grueling albeit nostalgic drives in to my hometown of San Francisco. Oh well at least I have piece of mind that nothings wrong and all is sounding as it should. Thanks again.

You are not the only one to have done that. Many did it before the interweb and were lost until they figured it out.

Just think lots of new stuff doesn't have a tape loop so it might not be an issue in the future. I would be lost without tape loops, I a dozen chunks of gear that need em.

Glad it was an easy fix. I can't count the number of times over the years I've done that exact thing. It's always dark in the back, space is cramped and normally you're looking at things upside down to. Thankfully hooking them up backwards like that doesn't cause any damage other than maybe a bruised ego for a few minute:)

Emma got me one of those Headband type flashlights to use,
so my hands are free but its easy to light everything up.

Highly recommended for the dim spaces our wires live in!

I recently did the same thing, started a thread, tried a million different things then realized I had plugged my laptop into the tape record outputs.... at least it was an easy fix!

Emma got me one of those Headband type flashlights to use,
so my hands are free but its easy to light everything up.

Highly recommended for the dim spaces our wires live in!

But, do they help with those dim spaces between our ears? :)

i always get the tape input/outputs and monitor buttons wrong, i just got a sansui QS1 quad decoder which needs to be hooked through the tape loops, spent an hour going :wtf: why isnt this working then read the manuals and realized there was a source select button i had the wrong way DUH

Back
Top Bottom