Wheeler Dealers - Discovery Changes the show, Edd China Leaves

hjames

We are all just walking each other home.
Staff member
Super Mod
Subscriber
Discovery networks is taking the show over after 13 years under attaboy productions -
and wants to change the format - (less genuine car repairs on screen, more drama)
Edd decides it a good time to leave ...

OMG - they've lost EDD China!! That kind of kills the show for me -
Mike is too much of a toady to take seriously ...
Even if it IS fun hearing him say Leather (leh-vah!)

And - Fans attack Mike Brewer and his family!

Interesting. Wonder how it will fare without Edd, he was the reason I watched it whenever I had a chance. Watching him work through problems was worth the price of admission. Couldn't quite grasp the name of his replacement, but I might give the show a chance. Won't be the same though.

Lose Edd, lose this viewer, he made the show, the other guy is almost nothing, kind of a turd actually. Edd was the man, great quality work, could fix almost anything.

See ya

Well, thirteen years is a good long run. Can't see watching the show without Edd there to counterbalance Brewer's obnoxiousness.

Same as Top Gear; not the same without Jeremy, Captain Slow, and...um...the short guy.

Cheers,
Larry B.

Won't be the same without Edd. In its very early days, I found the show to be quite bland and they always seemed to sell the cars for less than they cost to purchase / repair, so I didn't really see the point. I started watching again more recently and it was then that I realised just how much talent Mr China has and he makes even fairly boring tasks sound interesting. Some of the cars he has turned out for the show are absolutely beautiful - I just wish he would partner up with Colin Furze !

loved the early shows and started to not care for the show much since moving it here and actually trying to have Mike do repairs.Without Ed they lost me as a viewer.

I also have been a fan of this show for some time now. I enjoyed seeing some of Ed's "budget" repairs in the early days as well as learning about some cars I had never seen or thought of a desirable. They had a nice variety of different cars and ideas of what they wanted to do to them. Still cant stand the AMC Pacer or what they did to it, but maybe that was just me.

Am hoping that somehow they both can move on with worthy shows in the future.

Rumor has it they've targeted Jeremy Clarkson as the new host, but only if he kept Edd's hairdo "for show continuity" ... pass it on ... ;-}

clarkson-wheeler-dealers.jpg

Last edited:
how will i know what british tools are called?!?!? torch, spanner.... i'm a mess right now

My whitworth wrenches live on, even without the bikes that required them!

It's interesting that when it was a little show in the UK, they could do just fine with the long workshop segments and not having huge, splashy sponsor promotions. Now that a US production company is taking over, suddenly they can't do the same and make ends meet.

Last edited:
Not such a crackin' good idea if you ask me ... really enjoyed it as is.

Edd hit on the real dilemma - new ways to monetize the show and making things easier for those producing it. Corporate America is alive and well.

If you don't know what to call the tools, best not to get under the bonnet I say ...

IMO the show is in fact dead and needs to be properly buried and have a decent headstone engraved. Time for folks to pay their respects and move on.

From my point of view. Edd made the show. I enjoyed it while it lasted.

That said. If I see the new version on when channel surfing, I'll probably watch. I'm a sucker for a potential disaster.

Back
Top Bottom