Southfield MI FISHER, AMPEX, THORENS, McIntosh

No affiliation, sale has started.

Thanks for posting this, it was a real memory jog!

My uncle had the LP jukebox setup like that as well as a Fleetwood (Conrac) remote TV tuner set-up. His house was built in the early 60s. There was at least one McIntosh amp in the system buried deep in the main cabinet but no clue as to what. Don't know what the speakers were throughout the house were either but there were grilles way up at ceiling level, ~3' x 4'. I suspect there was something good up there too. Last time I saw it was in the mid 80s & before I had any inkling as to what I was looking at. These types of systems were not that uncommon regionally especially in southern CA. If you dig back into Sunset magazine of the era you will see many built-in grilles.

The Fisher preamp sold for $400 I was told. The Thorens was gone when I stopped in after work, but the Seeburg Jukebox system with a Seeburg amp was still there for $1000 as was the Fisher tuner.
The estate sale guys were moving it a bit as it had been moved out so someone could getva look inside the speaker cabs, which were not priced. The preamp guy almost certainly was part of that, and would have got them if they were a value, but it appeared they may still be there, unless they pulled them.
This is the amp I saw there; a Seeburg HFA-1
$T2eC16J,!zcE9s4g0u3tBRUgy7VS0Q--60_1.JPG

Last edited:
He had two custom tube consoles? What a guy. The other looks like Stromberg Carlson tube stuff..

Yep, thar second one was a featured item until it got booted by the Thorens Fisher stuff. The pics place it in the basement bar, but it wasn't there when I got there Friday 2ish. I even recall thinking it odd that a cool room like that had no tunes.

Back
Top Bottom