A Blast from the past ! , Old TV remote !

Gary Mattis

Found this NOS part in a box of RCA junk ! , I think it is a TV remote control , a very old one ! . I saw a picture of Elvis Presley once using one that looked something like this one.

Attachments

• IMG_20170121_035346527.jpg
    IMG_20170121_035346527.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20170121_035355328.jpg
    IMG_20170121_035355328.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 90
Not to sound old but I remember corded remote controls.... Not seen one in a VERY long time though

1955-Nov-Radio-TV-News-REMOTES.JPG

I remember a corded volume control kit also. The selling point was the ability to mute commercials. The ones I didnt like were the ultrsonic remotes. Jingle some keys and the channel would change on the tv.

Nice find. The ultrasound remote control produces frequency noises causing the channel to change sometimes.

I remember seeing the inside of one of those - there was a metal bar inside with a hammer that struck the bar when you pressed one of the buttons, the detector in the TV would pick up the resultant noise from the bar being struck and change channels - or whatever. :)

Not to sound old but I remember corded remote controls.... Not seen one in a VERY long time though

1955-Nov-Radio-TV-News-REMOTES.JPG
Before my time , but I do remember back in 1964 or 1965 I got a Johnny Lightning sports car model with a wire remote control .

I remember seeing the inside of one of those - there was a metal bar inside with a hammer that struck the bar when you pressed one of the buttons, the detector in the TV would pick up the resultant noise from the bar being struck and change channels - or whatever. :)

The sound of jingling car keys could also change the channel on these types of t.v.s

Of course the oldest remote controls were whatever kid happened to be sitting closest to the t.v.

Before my time , but I do remember back in 1964 or 1965 I got a Johnny Lightning sports car model with a wire remote control .
Might have been around 1969.I think thats when the Johnny Lightning came out.We got our first remote tv around 1983.An Emerson and man was that so cool.

Back
Top Bottom