Scored another pair of DCM TF 600 woot woot

wildchild

Got to love CL.
Local score for $50. Cosmetically in great shape but not 1 working tweeter. Fortunately for me I have 2 spare left hand speakers in rough shape but work fine. Even still had the DCM badges on them.

I envisioned torn beyond recovery foam/socks depending on TW or TW 1a, damaged or missing or replaced drivers, scuffed end caps with gouges along the edges and possibly water damage to the bottom or plant ring in top. A little more work than they should be to get right.

Quad Tf600 should be really good in home theater use
Theyre very nice with music just feel perhaps ideal with movies
Esp for the price

Have you tested the nonworking driver?
The wiring to the front tweeter can get pinched and cut the sound
The rear tweeters can be nearly inaudible if the fuse bulb blows

You mention one so im just putting it out there

I sanded my twindow end caps down
Non removable ones
At least not without effort
That awful brown paint they used on some models..
I stain the mdf then fudge a grain pattern
More of a tortoise shell look, really
Looks much more like wood without much effort
Finish with a top coat for some gloss

Last edited:
Stop!!! Don't even consider replacing drivers. If you do, you will be spending a lot of money on drivers that you have no idea will work in the TFs. DCM speakers were very specifically designed around the drivers they used. The first thing you need to do is unscrew the backplate where the speaker input is. TF600s have a fuse/lamp limiters on the crossover which is on the back of the plate. There is also are auto resetting circuit breakers on the crossover that sometime have been known to fail. Here are some pics that show the crossover with the lamp and Culver breaker. Remember that the TF600s have tweeters on the back also. Take a look and do some research before you jump to conclusion about a path to take. Ask lots of questions.

Attachments

• TF600 CROSS 1.jpg
    TF600 CROSS 1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 8
  • TF600 CROSS 1.jpg
    TF600 CROSS 1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 7
  • TF600 CROSS 2.jpg
    TF600 CROSS 2.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 7
  • TF600 CROSS 3.jpg
    TF600 CROSS 3.jpg