Pioneer SX880 w hpm40 vs Sansui G4700 w/ SP200

ruckus2112

I recently found a couple interesting setups and need a little help in choosing. The first is a Sansui G4700 with Sansui SP 2000 speakers for $260.00 Vs the second setup a Pioneer SX880 w/ pioneer HPM 40 speakers for $350.00. I will mostly will be ressurecting my vinyl collection and adding Bluetooth for listening in the pool table room. Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

Welcome to AK!

Is there a way for you to listen before you buy? That way you can know exactly what you're getting, and whether or not you like it.

Just my experience. I have a G4700. It is a nice 50wpc receiver. It handily drives some Ohm C2 speakers in a bedroom. Vinyl woodgrain over wood cabinet. Still nice looking.
Also have pair of SP1200 speakers. May be similar to those SP2000. These are 3way, 4 drivers. With 10" woofer. They have cloth surrounds on the woofers. The sealer on the surronds have hardened over years. Reducing low end. Your ears will judge.

Full disclosure;
I own an sx 880.

Is there any haggle-room on the pioneer package?

I think overall, you would be happier with the sx 880 and from what I read, the hpm series sound great.

On the other hand,
The sansui sp 2000s are gorgeous though I can't comment on how they sound.

Either way,
You picked a good starting point to get back into it for not a lot of dough.

Back
Top Bottom