Please show your pics of tube amps

My very modest Jolida JD-302BRC. First tubes I've owned since we had an old stereo console when I was a toddler, and I wished I had made this move twenty years ago. Mind you, my kids are 18 and 17 now, so they know enough to respect the gear:

07a4db1e-b53c-4807-8fca-32381aef7778_zps0zlcq4lx.jpg

0B74D0DE-5146-48C0-9905-87C0FED28463_zpskkkgl1tv.jpg

Hardest thing I have to deal with is as a tweaker, I could end up in a chronic cycle of tube rolling.

I don't know what I'm more impressed with...the amp or the Takatsuki 300b's. At $2000 a pair, did those tubes come with it? IMO, one of the best 300b's ever made.
This is my "go big or go home headphone amp". After trying multiple headphone amps and lot's of tube rolling, I said this would be my last one. As my wife goes to bed early, I do a lot of headphone listening. I purchased the tubes a while ago separately from the amp when they were on sale. There is a 1+ year wait for the amp, so I had time to save.

gordon, do you currently posses all those beautiful builds and restos and refurbs.
I really admire your style. Excellent work.

Thank you.

I have passed many of these along to other AK-er's and local people. I can only listen to so many stereos. They need to be used, not sit on a shelf!

Regards,
Gordon.

Thank you.

I have passed many of these along to other AK-er's and local people. I can only listen to so many stereos. They need to be used, not sit on a shelf!

Regards,
Gordon.
I'm enjoying mine, it gets a lot of use!

Update !! FWIW.. I stumbled across a picture of my recently(last year) "electronically restored" Mac MC 30`s waiting for their turn in rotation into the fireplace for six months.. Cosmetically they look "sorta rough", at least the top of the chrome chassis is very heavily pitted.. But when I bought them used in 1974 while living in Miami FL. they where already badly pitted from the prevalent salt encrusted air, as exposed by the previous owner`s desire to live with his windows open for portions of the year !! But I didn`t care, for they were electronically intact internally and priced cheap.. And I was all about the sound(function before form).. I listen to music, not look at my equipment.. As long as my stereo gear functions at factory spec. or often better, after I rework it, and sounds good to my ears("sonic woody")--- then, if it also looks factory fresh, well then that`s even better .. Showcasing my gear is not needed, nor sought in my "Listening environments" No Significant other, or such to appease.. For you sharp eyed Mac individuals whom might notice that these MC 30s have no "Rectum frying tubes"( AKA.cap cookers), well --- your peepers have not failed you.. I refuse to use any rectifier tubes(especially when mounted top side near chassis mounted FP style multi-section capacitors) in any "music reproducing" tube amplifiers that I own.. Now, my "music creating/producing" vintage guitar tube amps-- well, that`s a different audio compression animal !! And I have been doing it my way for nearly 40 years and making a good living while doing it too.. YMMV, as well as your tastes, in reproduced music dynamics through tube rectified music "reproducing" power amp tube amplification, and that fine.. To each his own.. I`m not throwing down a Gauntlet !! Just "my way" and opinion.. Enjoy the music, after all, isn`t that what it`s really all about ? :thumbsup: :music:, View attachment 916591 no matter what your method !?!? Regards, OKB
And now for the rest, plus where the rotation tubers reside during their 3 month exercise.. And the Mac C22 that drives the rotational tube amps.DSCN0121.JPG DSCN0121.JPG DSCN0114.JPG DSCN0111.JPG DSCN0110.JPG DSCN0098.JPG DSCN0013.JPG

DEPT 940 R-D Dymo label on the ST-35; what’s the significance of that?
That ST-35, along with both of my Mark IIIs, came from the estate of Daniel von Recklinghausen, who worked for both H.H. Scott and KLH back in the day. He was the head of KLH's research & development department during the '70s, and I suspect that all three amps were part of said R&D department, likely used for testing purposes (said ST-35 had a power resistor across one set of its output terminals, as seen here). I bought all three amps at an antique radio swapmeet five years ago from his son, who also had numerous pieces of test equipment bearing a label reading "KLH R&D - A Division of Singer" (yes, the sewing machine company).
-Adam

Back
Top Bottom