I know this is a Long Shot

Worthpoint is just a place that collects a history of valuations off (mainly, it seems) eBay. You can see that the page lists the "source" as eBay.

As for the Fostex gear, a pair just sold on CanuckAudio for $2500

More info about them Here

Phone number (might still be good?) for Michael Gillespie on This Page of the same thread.

Recognize any of these guys?

attachment.php

I think the OP is trying to locate that specific pair and is one of the folks in that picture... Bob Oliver (RW Oliver).

I think the OP is trying to locate that specific pair and is one of the folks in that picture... Bob Oliver (RW Oliver).

Well, that specific pair sold on eBay 5 years ago, but other examples pop up from time to time. I suppose it's possible the new owner will see this thread :scratch2:

As for the picture, if you follow the first link I posted, it has a caption that identifies the people in the picture. I was just trying to make the thread a little more interesting.

Well, that specific pair sold on eBay 5 years ago, but other examples pop up from time to time. I suppose it's possible the new owner will see this thread :scratch2:

As for the picture, if you follow the first link I posted, it has a caption that identifies the people in the picture. I was just trying to make the thread a little more interesting.

I read some of that thread and it was very interesting for me. I also looked up Bob's prior posts and found he's offered some insight on past threads.

Great to see such knowledgeable builders in our midst. Also went to this link he posted prior which has some history on the RWO Fostex Laboratory series.

https://www.facebook.com/RWOFostex

Bob, agree it is a long shot, but hope you find them!

I had a pair in the studio I designed/built/operated back in the mid '80s. Spec'd them after hearing them in a friend's remote truck... which had two MTR90s and one of the early Sony digital mastering systems, using Umatic video tape for storage. I think that truck is down in Tennessee now, still with the original owner/builder. Don't know the monitor complement now, though...

(Both applications were smallish volumes, which made them essentially near-field monitors...)

Happy hunting!

Chip

Why I posted

I posted this thread because I am trying to track down the owners of the studio monitors that we built,with a view in mind of hopefully getting some old studio pictures. We have some pictures but not of all the studios our speakers are in.

I guess it is an age thing --I want to know where the monitors have ended up.

Chip -- I included a picture of Mobile Audio's truck. Is this where you heard the LS2's? Also,do you still have your studio and the LS2's?

Attachments

• mobile.jpg
    mobile.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 55
Different truck though, Robert.

I've found some archival pics in trade magazines, but they look awful. Maybe I have to DL the whole issue and then look at 'em.

I'll have some time in the next week or so to seek them out, and I'll post back or PM.

I haven't been associated with the studio for more than 20 years... don't even know who owns it, or if it's still there... Might be depressing to check!

Chip

You might be able to subscribe to the Worthpoint service and be able to see the eBay user ID of the person who sold those amps. Then you might be able to message them through eBay. As you say, a longshot - they might not be registered at eBay under the same ID even if Worthpoint had the information.

Back
Top Bottom