Advent 4002

specenka

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
What would you pay for a pair of these that are in good shape? I haven't got to listen to them yet, so not sure how good they are working. Guy is asking 200.00 for the pair, I was thinking more like 100.00??

Even $100 is on the high side, but if they've been refoamed and the cabs are in good shape it's probably not a bad deal. Note that these aren't the classic Advents, they were made after Jensen bought them out.

Even $100 is on the high side, but if they've been refoamed and the cabs are in good shape it's probably not a bad deal. Note that these aren't the classic Advents, they were made after Jensen bought them out.
I thought 100.00 might be a bit much too, I'll probably just pass on them.

I don't agree. They are the same woofer as the NLA, but a better tweeter. IMO the 5002 is the best sounding Advent ever, and the 4002 isn't far behind (same drivers, smaller cabinet). Yes, they were the first Advents produced by Jensen, but they were still the classic materials and (IIRC) were designed by the same team that created the NLA.

I don't remember what I sold my last pair for, but both my 5002s and my 4002s were bought by the same AK member and he loves them. I thought they sounded really sweet. I think I gave him a deal on the 4002s as a repeat customer, but I also think he paid over $100 for the 5002s, and that was probably 3-4 years ago.

That said, $200 is definitely unreasonable, but I think you could do a lot worse for $100.

I don't remember what I sold my last pair for, but both my 5002s and my 4002s were bought by the same AK member and he loves them. I thought they sounded really sweet. I think I gave him a deal on the 4002s as a repeat customer, but I also think he paid over $100 for the 5002s, and that was probably 3-4 years ago.

That said, $200 is definitely unreasonable, but I think you could do a lot worse for $100.

He emailed me back and said he still had them and to let him know if I was interested. I told him I'd be interested at 100.00 so we will see.

When you guys sell stuff on here is it through PM or do you list it in Bartertown?
In BarterTown, but I sold him the 5002s at a local swap meet. I didn't know him at the time. Then I shot him a PM when I came across the 4002s because I knew how much he liked the 5002s.

I might go $200 for 5002s if they were PERFECT, but you made the right call on 4002s. Unless the market has gone crazy where you are, he will be calling you in three months wanting to know if you are still interested. When he does, tell him $75 just to help educate him.

Advent pricing is extremely geographic. In some parts of the country you can sell for reasonable pricing, but where I live they do worse than Mach 1's, and my area probably has the lowest Mach 1 pricing anywhere. I always like the Maestro (the upgraded 3-way version of the Legacy), but even in great shape I couldn't get more than $100 per pair. Leesonic, who lives fairly close to me, had the same experience.

Back
Top Bottom