What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

She may be one of the best kept secrets in all of music.

Not to me.
The Premonition Years 1994- 2002
Patricia Barber
Disc 2
Killer discs!
Regards,
Jim

51HwKAK2owL.jpg

Thank you MAC TED, my respect for her and her band increases with each successive listening. She really is something to behold. :)

I discovered Ms Barber by reading a review of her album CAFE BLUE in Downbeat magazine back in the mid '90's. The writer was absolutely gushing over this album and gave it his highest rating of 5 stars. Well, I'm a sucker for good reviews of music and I immediately procured that recording. i've been hooked ever since and now proudly possess her entire catalogue. Definitely recommended to all who love jazz/blues.

You have an understanding wife, What turntable is that? Pioneer
Yes, it's a pl 15Dii. I had to get a new belt, but now it works super. The receiver is a pioneer sx-780 and so far no problems. Even the little red stereo fm light works. One of the stacked digital decks is a pioneer cd recorder that allows me to play cd-r audio discs. Basically I hit the pioneer mother lode although they mostly came from different sales. The little r2r is an akai and the cassette deck is a three head awai.

Enough gear talk. Up now is the 30th anniversary edition of David Bowie and Aladdin Saneimage.jpeg

I hope to be able to step up to the plate. I have a lot of music that is new to me and unfeatured on this thread. My CD and LP collecting phase is over, mainly because I ran out of space. Now it's time to start listening and discovering.

I did a self imposed halt to buying myself. You and Frank got me on discogs, And grabbed a bunch of mint vinyl lately. Then AK'er Klownschool dropped some stuff I needed in bartertown. Like 25lps behind right now. Everything vinyl posted lately is a new discovery. I have stuff based on your reviews, And others. Keep it rolling!

Yes, it's a pl 15Dii. I had to get a new belt, but now it works super. The receiver is a pioneer sx-780 and so far no problems. Even the little red stereo fm light works. One of the stacked digital decks is a pioneer cd recorder that allows me to play cd-r audio discs. Basically I hit the pioneer mother lode although they mostly came from different sales. The little r2r is an akai and the cassette deck is a three head awai.

Enough gear talk. Up now is the 30th anniversary edition of David Bowie and Aladdin SaneView attachment 938122

Nice Pioneer rig right there. Yes, On to the tunes!!

Back
Top Bottom