What's your latest audio purchase?

Sure hope so Pat! It is looking like it's coming my way. Using the let go app yesterday I inquired about a pair of Yamaha ns 690's. They looked perfect and the gents asking price was $300. I hollered and asked if he was interested in doing any trading. He said no but he would take $100. Going to have a look see thursday.

In Indiana btw

Oh Momma! Thought they were sold but...

$100! Came with stands and still have the tag on them. I need to find the little plastic whosit for the one stand, but I think I did good? Won't get to test em until after shazam is over, but I was promised that all the drivers work. I believe him too!

Edit...Scratchy mid pot on each one, but they work and sound wonderful! Now to figure out speaker placement.

Attachments

• 20170525_195239.jpg
    20170525_195239.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 20170525_195329.jpg
    20170525_195329.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20170525_195354.jpg
    20170525_195354.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 20170525_195420.jpg
    20170525_195420.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20170525_195211.jpg
    20170525_195211.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

$100! Came with stands and still have the tag on them. I need to find the little plastic whosit for the one stand, but I think I did good? Won't get to test em until after shazam is over, but I was promised that all the drivers work. I believe him too!

Edit...Scratchy mid pot on each one, but they work and sound wonderful! Now to figure out speaker placement.

Very nice, I remember those sounding pretty good back in the day. I'd like to hear some now to check my memory. It's been awhile since I've purchased any audio stuff and I'm getting the urge. No real reason because I have nice systems. Living out in the boonies as I do, the opportunity to find good stuff is quite limited. No one wants to ship, it's outrageously expensive anyway, and Craig's list is not so hot around here.

$100! Came with stands and still have the tag on them. I need to find the little plastic whosit for the one stand, but I think I did good? Won't get to test em until after shazam is over, but I was promised that all the drivers work. I believe him
Very nice, I remember those sounding pretty good back in the day. I'd like to hear some now to check my memory. It's been awhile since I've purchased any audio stuff and I'm getting the urge. No real reason because I have nice systems. Living out in the boonies as I do, the opportunity to find good stuff is quite limited. No one wants to ship, it's outrageously expensive anyway, and Craig's list is not so hot around here.

Do some traveling Fred!

My latest buy is a pair of Altec Lansing Model 18s.

It's interesting my history with Altec Lansing, because this is the first model I finally managed to get a hold of. The first pair I was going to own was a pair of Altec Lansing Valencia 846Bs. Thought the deal was a for sure thing and then he sold them to someone else. Oh well. That prompted me to keep looking for Altecs until one day, I stumbled upon an ad saying "Altec Lansing studio monitors!!!" and they were actually a pair of RWOFostex LS/3 studio monitors. A rare bird, but I eventually passed them on as they were fantastic but not what I was looking for.

Fast forward several months later and I happened upon an ad titled, "Altec Lansing vintage PA speakers" and they are a pair of Altec Model 18s. I looked at the time the ad was posted - 3 hours. My heart sank because the price was very good and felt that someone else was going to snag them. Of course, never say never, and I sent a response anyway. Heard back from the seller the next morning and they were still available. Of course I pounced on them. The rest is history, as they say, and now I finally have a pair of Altec Lansing speakers. :)

Now...the Yamahas more than make up for the wrong woofers in the ADS! Great find...some say the 690's sound pretty close to the NS-1000 but at a fraction of the price.

My latest buy is a pair of Altec Lansing Model 18s.

It's interesting my history with Altec Lansing, because this is the first model I finally managed to get a hold of. The first pair I was going to own was a pair of Altec Lansing Valencia 846Bs. Thought the deal was a for sure thing and then he sold them to someone else. Oh well. That prompted me to keep looking for Altecs until one day, I stumbled upon an ad saying "Altec Lansing studio monitors!!!" and they were actually a pair of RWOFostex LS/3 studio monitors. A rare bird, but I eventually passed them on as they were fantastic but not what I was looking for.

Fast forward several months later and I happened upon an ad titled, "Altec Lansing vintage PA speakers" and they are a pair of Altec Model 18s. I looked at the time the ad was posted - 3 hours. My heart sank because the price was very good and felt that someone else was going to snag them. Of course, never say never, and I sent a response anyway. Heard back from the seller the next morning and they were still available. Of course I pounced on them. The rest is history, as they say, and now I finally have a pair of Altec Lansing speakers. :)

Been seeing some altec's on craigslist fairly local to me. Not sure if I am breaking rules by saying such as it seems it's frowned upon here? I have had a few members I have dealt with tell me that I should subscribe. I will for sure, but the new addiction has me blowing money right now to get the system done. Is there a chance one could start a "craigslist find" thread where another member could alert another on certain deals? I am all about helping someone out and would pick up certain items for anothet member. I don't want to do anything againdt the rules and I know a webpage costs more to run than what often comes in to cover that cost. If I ever cross a line I would hope a moderator would let me know. That said if anyone ever trolls these sites and finds something just hollar at me! I have been using one of the mobile ap sites and that is where I found the yamahammers at. Had the guy listed them anywhere else I would surely not have them in my living room. On a sidenote...this world is all jacked up and I find it important, to me at least, that everywhere I leave a footprint or impression that I do so for the better of everyone involved. Not sure how many members are on this site and I frequent a few from high school football to old audi's. Surely it's a small little nook where we should all be tight! That energy is amazing and I just wish the world would "get it"! Ok done being weird!

Now...the Yamahas more than make up for the wrong woofers in the ADS! Great find...some say the 690's sound pretty close to the NS-1000 but at a fraction of the price.

I don't think I have ever heard Statesboro Blues ever sound as good as I just heard it on these short of live! Gave me goosebumps! Kind of hoping some V.M. Moondance will knock mommas panties off later. Lol!

Got this a couple weeks ago used - EAR 834P rolled some RCA black plate 7025's in it and it sounds AWESOME dead quiet no hum not even on my most demanding LOMC carts, going to try some Tele's next or Bugle boys

20170510_202705 (450x800).jpg

New sound system in my new 2016 4Runner SR5 Premium:
Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite - includes Multimedia Bundle (6.1-in. high resolution touch-screen with split screen display, AM/FM CD player, 8 speakers, auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port with iPod connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition, hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming via Bluetooth wireless technology), HD radio, HD predictive traffic and Doppler weather overlay, AM/FM cache radio, Sirius XM All Access Radio with 3-month complimentary trial and Gracenotes album cover art.

But dang, NO cassette tape deck!

Chance to pick up some sansui sp30 bookshelves and sp2700's. These are mint and $75. Is this a no brainer? I need to figure it out fairly quick as there is another interested party but they wont be able to come till tomorrow and the lady said they are mine if I want them. From what I read thus far the sp2700 is pretty rare and sought after. Thx fellas!

Chance to pick up some sansui sp30 bookshelves and sp2700's. These are mint and $75. Is this a no brainer? I need to figure it out fairly quick as there is another interested party but they wont be able to come till tomorrow and the lady said they are mine if I want them. From what I read thus far the sp2700 is pretty rare and sought after. Thx fellas!

No pics yet but I picked these up for $60. The bookshelves were some cheap panasonics so they stayed. The girls father or uncle brought these back from japan while in the service. They are mint and she couldn't remember them ever being used. Said they just sat in the living room and looked pretty. They didn't impress me much but I can't say they sounded bad. I picked up some mtx aal154's too that were roached out but I knew my buddy wanted for the subs. Like a dummy I sold both pairs for just a bit more than I had in them after the drive. Buddy had to have both pairs but couldn't make an offer. meh, sometimes being nice sucks!

So, Facebook marketplace is RIFE with lovely people who have no idea the value of things. This was originally listed as "old sterio":

cZA0np4l.jpg

It's a complete and working Altec Flamenco 848a system. These cost something like $550 in 1967. I got her to take $100 for the set. It had been listed for two days.

Last edited:
A Mackie 24-8 24 channel 8 bus mixer and 24-E add-on 24 more outboard channels. $400, everything works plus a huge road case was thrown in. I should be able to get at least half the purchase price just for the road case alone.

Back
Top Bottom