What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

If anyone taking part in this thread is listening to something I give a like for the fact that the
are listening, not for what they are listening to. If they are listening they aren't talking and saying absurd things. I'll take back that like because you are obviously not listening.
Well put Dusty my friend, as I do the same. If someone was to "fictitiously" post a "fake" album, I most likely would give it a "like". People like this should take NO part in this most wonderful thread here on AK and are not welcomed in my BOOK - this is devious behavior. So, with that said and to the individual as referenced in previous posts regarding this matter, either play by the rules of AK and of this thread as outlined, or simply leave this thread as this kind of nonsense is not welcomed nor tolerated here. This is the best thread in all of AK and I have now a 5 year membership remaining. Kingly take your trolling and lack of integrity elsewhere!

-Blitz

PS> Rest assured to all my friends here, whom I care for very much about: all "likes" I have mistakenly given "said person", I will be going back to search and will promptly be un-liking all "likes" that were given to "said" person. When I fall behind in this thread, I go into rapid-fire mode and automatically "like" every post that has been posted. As I do not have the time to "validate" the integrity of each post and rapidly go through each page, pressing the "like" button of each post as posted, assuming the post is good. Which 99.999% are.

The Police had talent and something truly new to offer sound wise, with a master craftsmen sitting in each chair. Squeeze was far more polished can than most other bands of that scene...I have an open mind about music for almost anything of quality but, as for the Sex Pistols all I can say is push the abort button..and same for the Boomtown Rats..

A contemporary of the SEX PISTOLS who were a much better band, IMO, were THE BUZZCOCKS.

0190295847876-Jethro-Tull-SFTW-3D-Medium.jpg

I hate to keep posting this , but it sounds so good . Steven Wilson really outdid himself !

Well put Dusty my friend, as I do the same. If someone was to "fictitiously" post a "fake" album, I most likely would give it a "like". People like this should take NO part in this most wonderful thread here on AK and are not welcomed in my BOOK - this is devious behavior. So, with that said and to the individual as referenced in previous posts regarding this matter, either play by the rules of AK and of this thread as outlined, or simply leave this thread as this kind of nonsense is not welcomed nor tolerated here. This is the best thread in all of AK and I have now a 5 year membership remaining. Kingly take your trolling and lack of integrity elsewhere!

-Blitz

PS> Rest assured to all my friends here, whom I care for very much about: all "likes" I have mistakenly given "said person", I will be going back to search and will promptly be un-liking all "likes" that were given to "said" person. When I fall behind in this thread, I go into rapid-fire mode and automatically "like" every post that has been posted. As I do not have the time to "validate" the integrity of each post and rapidly go through each page, pressing the "like" button of each post as posted, assuming the post is good. Which 99.999% are.
Ed Zachary:biggrin:

i gotta confess to someone, every time i hear Sarah Smile, i think of my cousins wife Sara i used to go out with, she left me for him, I still like her
hahaha i was in the wedding also. i was in the damm wedding hahah, oh well SARAAAAHHH
strange as that sounds...
1) back in '84 i drove into hometown - smalltown, pa - after a few years out west. was driving up main street and noted an outdoor wedding in the town square. lo and behold it was my hs girlfriend marrying my old classmate/hunting buddy. they happened to be facing the street and both just happened to turn as i drove by - our eyes locked. it was a bit awkward, to say the least. (several years later he discovered - the hard way - why i'd dumped her in '81).
2) i was in a bar in a military club somewhere near the west coast when i met a very very nice young lady. pretty, smart, career-oriented - the entire package. things were going well for about an hour when she began to act a bit strange and then asked me to re-tell some details about my background. she then kinda creeped me out when she asked if i had a relative that fit a few certain criteria. it was then i found i was picking up my cousin's fiancee - in a bar some 2300 miles from our hometown. (she still had a thing for him (obviously) but got crushed - as i'd warned - when he dumped her a few months later).
that s*** really happened. your love life isn't the only oddity on this site, kindred spirit...

Last edited:
Haha.. 6 likes.. Is there some kind of "like" contest going on here. This band doesn't exist. I was testing.

Testing to what end..if you don't care for the format just say so. It's not required to be a part of it. There are a pretty good group of guys here that like not only an album, but the other thread members as well..Why not let those that enjoy each other's online company and shared tastes in music alone. I'll guess that in 3400 plus pages there is only one fake album posted and only one person posted it.
My experience here has been nothing but a pleasure with some pretty good people.. and many here think of "likes" as respect for someone's choice or taste. People here that have never met, mail each other albums, CDs etc. as a gesture of friendship, as well as other gestures of kindness...
So I guess my point is ... just lighten up

Howdy boys, I've taken a few days off from AK while contemplating whether I should even be here or not or perhaps should be on another planet as was suggested earlier this week. :dunno:
Anyways, Gregg Allman's passing got me to listen to my scant Allman Brothers material, and I know how big a fan of ABB Swamp Pirate is, so I thought I'd add my bit of remembrance.
collage.jpg

My wife is a massive Gregg Allman fan. I honestly think it has little to do with his music and more to do with his looks! His long blonde hair and blue eyes on THAT face along with the whiskers under the lower lip and the voice...that look and voice makes her knees quiver.
I broke the news to her after catching up on the thread tonight after work...I've been reading, just not posting or liking. She couldn't believe it. I told her that she's lost her Gregg and I've lost my Greg (Lake).
The music of The Allman Brothers Band is in a class by itself. I call it Southern Prog Rock. It comes at you from multiple angles...jazz, blues, rock, classical, delta, folk...you name it and chances are you'll find it there.

strange as that sounds...
1) i drove into hometown - smalltown, usa after a few years away. was driving up main street and noted an outdoor wedding in the town square. lo and behold it was my hs girlfriend marrying my hunting buddy. they were facing the street and both turned as i drove by - our eyes locked. it was a bit awkward, to say the least. (he later discovered - the hard way - why i'd dumped her in '81).
2) and was in a military bar somewhere near the west coast when i met a very very nice young lady. pretty, smart, career-oriented - the entire package. things were going well for about an hour when she began to act a bit strange and then asked me to re-tell some details about my background. she then asked if i had a relative that fit a few certain criteria - kinda creeping me out. it was then i found i was picking up my cousin's fiancee - in a bar some 2300 miles from our hometown. (he dumped her - badly - several months later).
that s*** really happened. your love life isn't the only oddity on this site, kindred spirit...
no kidding great story!

Back
Top Bottom