What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Man, Have so much music to discover, what with your, Musical, Frank, FOH, Kevin, RJ, Blitz, All you guys. Some of these write ups are a history lesson.
My future plans for music include writing down the bands that are new to me and taking a day off of here to listen to something by each. The ones I like will go into the "get" list. The others? Meh.

MI0003391386.jpg

Dresdner Kammerchor / Lautten Compagney / Wolfgang Katschner
Georg Friedrich Händel: Der Messias

Release Date
October 23, 2007
Genre
Classical
Styles
Choral

CD II

I decided to delve into my pile of stuff I acquired but never listened to and pulled this one out. Upon closer inspection it turns out to be a Japanese pressing, too cool! Strange that discogs doesn't have the non-promo Japanese version of this listed but best I can tell mine is a 1972 original release Japanese pressing.

R-9492241-1481550064-5709.jpeg.jpg

The Doobie Brothers ‎– Toulouse Street
Label:Warner Bros. Records ‎– P-8284W
Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Gatefold
Released::1972
Genre: Rock, Funk / Soul
Style: Soft Rock, Pop Rock

Trying to go back to sleep (didn't get much last night). But I'm sure I'll be posting more music today and tomorrow.

Enjoy your long weekend All!

GJ

PS-- They got a bunch of the new Sgt. Pepper's' at Record Theater here in Buffalo. They are having a big Memorial Day sale this weekend, which I already went to Friday, but I passed on the Beatles for now (the CD is $40, iirc, and the LP set much more). Is it that good? I don't want to miss out on a first pressing if it's amazing...

PPS-- Pumpkinman, you should try to grab that display when B&N are sold out. Wouldn't that be a cool way to display your Beatles records?

That display would be cool. As da as the double album it was $38.99. DD's had them for $36 but were sold out.

Morning all. I was intending to go to work today, but I'm feeling like death warmed up so I had to call in sick.

Well, I said yesterday that I couldn't find Beethoven's 9th with both hands and a roadmap. That's not exactly true. I fired up my PC and Foobar2000, where I have several copies available. So now that's what I'm listening to, courtesy of Claudio Abbado and the Vienna Philharmonic.

Being forced to resort to my digital files reinforces the need to tidy my cave up so that I can lay hands on the CDs and LPs that are lurking in there somewhere. It's one thing being able to reach out and grab a disk, but another thing entirely to be able to go straight to a specific recording.

Back
Top Bottom