What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Morning all. I was intending to go to work today, but I'm feeling like death warmed up so I had to call in sick.

Well, I said yesterday that I couldn't find Beethoven's 9th with both hands and a roadmap. That's not exactly true. I fired up my PC and Foobar2000, where I have several copies available. So now that's what I'm listening to, courtesy of Claudio Abbado and the Vienna Philharmonic.

Being forced to resort to my digital files reinforces the need to tidy my cave up so that I can lay hands on the CDs and LPs that are lurking in there somewhere. It's one thing being able to reach out and grab a disk, but another thing entirely to be able to go straight to a specific recording.
Sorry you don't feel well. Glad you're not bad enough that you can't play with your collection. Rest up.

View attachment 938973

Here's one for Frank when he returns...My mom has given me her 1935 Western Auto radio with short wave reception as well as AM..I use to listen to this as a kid and I remember all the foreign languages and the static spooking me out as they only appeared after dark...Still runs like a champ..
It's a beauty. Is it still fully functional or do you need to do some work on it? Last time I fired up my RCA Victor I found nothing on shortwave and just one or two AM stations.

Blind Melon (1992)

BlindMelonBlindMelon.jpg

Back
Top Bottom