2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Got 'um. Thanks.

Spaghetti, does your Eight have a protection relay?

Jomark, I can only add a model to the database if I have a serial number to represent it. Now that I have a serial number, it's in. There is a CD-10 on ebay with an asking price of $1,250! A very rare piece.

- Pete

Interesting. I've started tracking engraved face plates on the Eight Deluxe but I hadn't considered the Six. I'll make a note on yours.

- Pete

For LBPete,

I may have not seen it but could you post the serial number break between the non-relay and relay version of the EIGHT as you have so far?
Thanks

joshcronin, Yup, yours would be the only one. XF365 is a very unusual serial number. It doesn't come close to following the format laid down later. Some of the early ones are unique. Any chance you can post a picture for reference?

swamppirate, I have it. Thanks.

- Pete

How about the AM Tuner/Pre-Amp model PR-330? I could not find a serial number after removing all covers in my quest. If there was a paper label, it is long gone. Nothing on the original Sansui shipping carton either. The only thing resembling a serial number is a red ink notation on the back of the original owners manual: HW-731. So, until something better comes along, I suggest:

PR-330,HW-731,Meade

The serial numbers on the early stuff typically don't follow the format that came later but do look something like what you have there. We will assume that's the serial number until we know more. This will be the first one on file. Would you say it was built in the early 1960's?

- Pete

The serial numbers on the early stuff typically don't follow the format that came later but do look something like what you have there. We will assume that's the serial number until we know more. This will be the first one on file. Would you say it was built in the early 1960's?

- Pete
I would guess the PR-330 to be built in the late 50's to early 60's. Tubes used in the AM tuner section were of that era; 6BE6, 6BA6, etc. It is un-restored in original condition with the infamous ceramic cased oil capacitors still in place. I don't plan to use it or upgrade the capacitors until I find the matching power amp that it is powered from. I did however, make an adapter that would let me power it from one of my Heathkit tube amps if I ever get the urge to hear it play.

Meade

Back
Top Bottom