NAD 326BEE

Robie

Live it or live with it.
Subscriber
Just picked up a nice used one (1 year old) and am impressed with it's hefty sound quality via some KEF F15's and my trusty old RS CD 3400. Plays much louder than one would expect given it's 50W/ch specs. Very solid bass and room filling in my 30' by 26' garage.

More later as I have a chance to play with it.

I had a C325BEE and a C326BEE at the same time.
I sold the first one as the bedroom system was overkill, but then wanted a second amp for experimenting with. Then I sold the second one to buy a C356. I ended up with a C375BEE, and it's also pretty good for the money!

That sounds to me like an issue within the amp. In my experience if a remote develops an issue, it usually stops working altogether.

I had that amp for awhile. It's a real dandy. Enjoy!

I'd be curious to know your thoughts on it. I know you've moved up the latter on your equipment so I wonder about those series of NAD vs what you have now. I am 98% sure I'm going Yamaha but there's so many glowing reviews of the NAD that I haven't fully committed to it yet.

Last edited:
The NAD was a great amp. In my opinion better than the comparably priced Yamaha and Marantz amps. The sound is just right. I like what I have now better than the C326BEE but not by much.

Art, what did you replace the C326BEE with?

Rega Brio-R. My ex wife now has the Brio-R with a nice set of B&W 685S2's and a Marantz CD6005. The Brio-R was replaced with my current Heed Audio Elixir. Excellent amp with a very nice phono stage.

Edit: sorry new to the forum and might have hit the wrong button here.

Just wanted to say I picked up this amp a few years back and loved it's sound. Only knock against it was the interface of the input selector wasn't as immediate as it could be.

Aside from that it lives on in a setup I put together for my father and would definitely use it again as an intergrated.

Last edited:
So you had a problem working the remote? Maybe I should read the manual because I cant change sources with the remote lol. There is hope!

Actually never had the remote :/
It seemed like there was abnormally long between selecting "CD" and the unit going into the CD input. Felt like an old slow computer...

Very nice amp indeed. I used one to power New Advents in the garage system for a while. I've also had a C-162 preamp which has a similar family tonal balance. I replaced it with a Crown XL-1500 for a couple of reasons: higher power, slightly better midrange focus and lack of heat output since the gear lives in a closet.

I do, however, miss the sweet top end the NAD offered. The Crown's top end response is as if the top octave just hits a brick wall and dies - no extension at all.

Back
Top Bottom