Utah Model HS12AX

claybar

Thought you guys might want to see these. I got them from my grandpa's basement when my dad

was cleaning the house out in prep to be sold. I had to refoam the woofers, replaced the tweeters (holes). Replaced

the woofer's trim rings, replaced the speaker inputs on the back , they were dry rotted and crumbled . I think they

sound pretty good for being 42 years old . I grabbed grandpa's Sansui 3900Z receiver and Sansui FR-Q5 turntable

also. They may not be the best, but they were grandpa's, and that's good enough for me. :)

WP_20170606_004.jpg WP_20170523_010.jpg

I love the look of those. Very subdued and purposeful-looking. It's great to have something from your grandfather that you, too, can enjoy so much.

I'm a little puzzled by your description of your having "replaced the tweeters (holes). " The label on the back says they are a three-way system with a 12" woofer, a compression driver horn midrange, and two three-inch tweeters. All of those components are pictured. The only "hole" I see in the speakers are the bass reflex ports, and I suspect that is what you are calling "holes."

You have all the speakers that belong in those cabs. They are complete as is.

GeeDeeEmm

Ha! Sorry, I meant the tweeters had holes punched in them. I replaced them with ones from parts express. I deoxited the controls, but they still don't work right. It's all or nothing with them. I still like them though.

Back
Top Bottom