HH Scott Chocolate Faceplate setup- Pure Analog bliss!

DLudington

I finally was able to pull my stereo back out now that the kids are old enough. With a lot of advice from the AK group here, I was able to get the TT up and running and pick out a new set of speakers since I have my old Paradigm Studio/20's to my brother in law.

I use this as my only 2-channel stereo and it gets heavy use and is on most of the time I'm at home. It sounds so sweet and smooth. Non-fatiguing with a punchy and dynamic sound between the Scott amp and Boston A70 speakers.

File Jun 30, 10 38 23 AM.jpeg

Amp: HH Scott LK-48: Purchased when I was in college about 13 years ago and all recapped with SoniCaps. Sounds awesome with the full collection of NOS tubes I've accumulated over the years.

Tuner: HH Scott LT-110: Doesn't get much use, but still can pull in stations easily. I need to get a better antenna for better station selection.

Turntable: Lenco L75: I traded someone at work a Dyna FM-3 for this 4 or so years ago. Didn't know what I had on hand until a year or 2 ago. It has a Stanton 681 with a 4606-DEX stylus and sounds great! At some point in the future, I'd like to go down the rabbit hole and put together a PTP-based plinth and upgrade the tonearm.

Headphone Amp: Bottlehead Crack: Fully modded with film output caps, choke, Cree rectifier, stepped attenuator. Sounds amazing with my Sennheiser HD-580's (not pictured)

Speakers: Boston Acoustics A70: I found these on Craigslist a few months ago, and they're the original model with the SEAS tweeters. Unfortunately the woofers were replaced with Realistic models but I was able to find an OEM pair of refoamed woofers, which brought the speaker back to its original state. I added 5 way binding posts and put in a 1% matched Dayton film cap to replace the old electrolytic in the crossover.

Digital: Schiit Modi 2 Uber DAC (behind the TT) being fed from an Airport Express.

Cables: AntiCables for speaker wire and Silver Sonic DH-1 interconnects.

Love the gear and the simplicity of the arrangement. I bet your non-audio friends/family are bewildered by the look and sound of the Scott tube gear.

Thanks for all of the wonderful feedback! It greatly helps that my dad helped me build the cabinet, headphone amp base, and the speaker stands.

This system sounds great and I get a ton of enjoyment from it. Thanks everyone for all of the help and advice.

A#1 finest kind! Love the old Scott gear. Any chance of a close up shot of those pieces?

Back
Top Bottom