Lorde's New Album Melodrama!! Are You Getting It?

daza152

Hey guys NZ Artist Lorde has released her second album which debuted at no.1 on the US Billboard and will have to wait till 11th of August for it to be released on vinyl here in NZ. Her first was a huge success with Pure Heroin with hits like Royals, and Tennis Court. Just saying have a look in to her she is great for NZ, and is putting herself on the world stage, playing at some pretty big venues. Thoughts...

Daza, (supporting NZ Artists)

I bought it a week or so ago, on CD. I enjoyed Pure Heroine a lot, and am finding this one to be good as well. She's grown as an artist and writer. It seems like Jack Antonoff was a good pick for producer - I think they get along well together and their work has paid off. Or maybe the onion rings just agreed with her.:rolleyes: I need to listen a few more times to get a better handle on the album, but so far I like it.

Last edited:
Are you likely to get it on vinyl? I have the Pure Heroine on boith formats...one is for the car(CD) and the mention of those onion riongs has made me hungry, glad you are enjoying the album and that you recommend it too. cheers.

I bought it a week or so ago, on CD. I enjoyed Pure Heroine a lot, and am finding this one to be good as well. She's grown as an artist and writer. It seems like Jack Antonoff was a good pick for producer - I think they get along well together and their work has paid off. Or maybe the onion rings just agreed with her.:rolleyes: I need to listen a few more times to get a better handle on the album, but so far I like it.

No plans to pick up a vinyl copy. I gave all my LP's to my daughter last year. I'm all digital, now. So much more convenient...

Do you know the story about onion rings and Lorde? Apparently, she became enamored with the onion rings at a certain restaurant and started a blog on Instagram about onion rings. Somebody figured out it was her work, and reported that fact, so she shut it down. She told Jimmy Fallon, “I feel like it reads like the kind of thing a pop star would do to look relatable, which I wasn’t doing.”
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/06/lorde-onion-rings-jimmy-fallon

Back
Top Bottom