How to add pictures to post not using URL?

Satcom123

I like the old way of inserting pictures and such by just opening my computers pictures and copy and past them onto a thread. Now I don't seem to know how to do that. It comes up with having to link a url to it. Well my pictures don't have urls. I need some help on how to insert pictures into a thread.

You can drag and drop right from your computer files.
Reduce your window size so you can see your desktop screen saver, I drag the photos out of the files on to the desktop, this is done by clicking on the image and holding it down moving the mouse and dragging the image.

The on the internet and this site, again reduce the window to see the images on the desktop. Drag and drop into the comment box, you will see thumb nails below the box and options on how you want them posted, like full image or attachment.

You can also drag and drop on the same page like this...

63513.jpg

153003.jpg

I just drag them from my pictures folder window to this reply box. The box will darken and say "drop photo here to upload". Release the button and a little scrolling icon will appear at the top right of this page while it's working. Then you get a choice to insert thumbnail or full image.
Xmas records.JPG Xmas records (2).JPG Xmas records (1).JPG

Don't even need to use the forum tools for this.

Just have the file on your computer somewhere that you can easily browse to it,,, like on your desktop, or in a folder on your desktop,,,,, then when you post, use the upload a file option, then upload from computer. A window pops up to browse to that file, then hit okay. The image will upload and you get an option for thumbnail or full size. Select your choice and hit OK. It then goes in your post at the location of your mouse cursor. That's pretty easy,,,,, but so is Drag n Drop.

Huh, that's cool. I hadn't tried to drag from a folder yet but this was straight from a memory card.

I usually have Flickr host the bulk of my pictures except when I upload directly from my phone.

Thanks for the tip. :)

Yamaha CA-600 3.jpg

Could you guys' upload better examples....Geeeezopet...

Ok you don't have to ask me twice. I just got some new shots this weekend after putting in another amp, the MC402 at the bottom of the rack. I also hid the power/vacuum boxes for my SOTAs.

IMG_2795.jpg IMG_2793.jpg

And remember ..... apparently the pics you post become public property for anyone to copy and use as they wish.

This is my pic from an old thread, I would love to see the journey it took to get here without me.

Haha! Your picture (and consequently your thread) is the sixth result in a google image search for "turntable cartridge shim." I actually had it saved on my PC from your thread and when I posted above it was the first image in the directory that popped up.

EDIT: Actually, looks like that's not entirely true. The sixth google result is a different AK thread wherein someone else uses your photo: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....es-anyone-tried-shims-above-cartridge.657659/ Now if you do a google image search using that image, your thread is the first result.

I think I was googling cartridge shims to figure out how to correct the vta on a Technics SL-3350 changer. I ended up just going with the stack-old-records-under-the-now-playing-record approach before just moving on to a Technics SL-Q2.

Last edited:
ok lets give it a try. these are my garage speakers. RTR 600D too damn big for the house and too loud in the garage.

Attachments

• RTR 600D.JPG
    RTR 600D.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom