Tekton Owners Thread

you know, I can't find my invoice. If you call Eric, he will know the color. It's a Ferrari grigolo something...It goes great with the wall color. someday, I just might finish this here listening room!:banana:

Thanks, I don't need the specific color name. I was just curious as to if it was a custom color or the stock soft gray.

What a wealth of information in here.

My dealer buddy is over here telling me that the Tektons are glorified Bose at a mid-fi price, without the hi-fi sound.

I'm not sure what to believe, but I have my eyes on the Electron for a 13x12x8 room. I run a Linn KDS/3 streamer/DAC/Preamp into a Benchmark AHB2 amp. I'm looking for an end-game speaker (aren't we all?), after going through some very poor customer service with a speaker company who shall not be named, but with a $12k price tag.

I've never heard a bad review of the Tektons from people who own them. Have you?

The only real bad that I've heard has been the headache that people have trying to get grilles... which luckily I have not experienced, and then I've seen posts here and there about some Pendragon owners with failed tweeters. Seems like Eric has taken care of them for the most part though. I myself have only good things to say about Tektons. Not sure I'd look anywhere else honestly!

The only real bad that I've heard has been the headache that people have trying to get grilles... which luckily I have not experienced, and then I've seen posts here and there about some Pendragon owners with failed tweeters. Seems like Eric has taken care of them for the most part though. I myself have only good things to say about Tektons. Not sure I'd look anywhere else honestly!

I actually spoke to Eric today, and I'm kind of getting sold on the Electrons.

Eric was pretty adamant that he would put his speakers up against any of the big name brands. I like his moxie. My dealer, though, wants to kill me for contemplating these. Ha!

Well, I'm almost sold. Not sure what's holding me back yet.

I'm curious, what kind of speakers does your dealer friend sell and use himself? Also has he heard any Tektons?

I'm curious, what kind of speakers does your dealer friend sell and use himself? Also has he heard any Tektons?

Oh no, he has not heard the Tektons. Now way. He sells by brand: Wilson, Dynaudio, Audio Physic, etc. You know, the usual suspects. Anything other than a big name he won't go there. He's a great friend, and I get superb deals from him; yet, I'm getting a little tired of always thinking with the pocketbook, instead of the ears.

Oh no, he has not heard the Tektons. Now way. He sells by brand: Wilson, Dynaudio, Audio Physic, etc. You know, the usual suspects. Anything other than a big name he won't go there. He's a great friend, and I get superb deals from him; yet, I'm getting a little tired of always thinking with the pocketbook, instead of the ears.

It will be interesting to see what happens if you get a pair. Hopefully your friend will give you his honest appraisal of what the thinks of their sound qualities. Even if that means he has to admit that he's wrong.

On a side note... last time I was down at Eric's shop I was talking to a couple of his employees. One of them had only been there about a week, but he said that he had actually worked at Wilson before he started at Tekton. He said he was pretty familiar with the Wilson Sophia speakers which were pretty good, but he said that the Double Impacts blew them away. I thought that was pretty cool to hear.

Just when you thought this thread was dead:
http://www.tektondesign.com

Maybe this is what's holding me back. :eek:

I don't even think they have a name yet. I was talking to Eric about my wanting to get a home theater system and I had heard and read about the Double Impacts but I had asked Eric to make me a center with a double tweeter array like the Ulbfert. One thing led to another over time and Eric told me that he had designed a mini Ulbfert that would blow everything else away at the $7500 price point. Since that matched up with what I wanted as my center, and Eric promised me they would sound even better than the DI's I ordered them. Right now we call them the mini Ulbfert. Not sure if that will stick or he will name them something else.

Pretty pumped about them. I heard the DI's against the Legacy Audio speakers and Eric told me the Ulbferts were the best speakers he has ever heard. Not sure how much these will lose because they are going to be less wide and deep (but taller) than the DI's which match my room better.

I especially listened to determine the detail on badly done move soundtracks to see how intelligible the DI's would make it. I think this could be a killer system if what Eric tells me is true and I have no reason to doubt it. I can't wait.

You ordered the above mini Ulfberhrt, yes? Have you gotten them in yet? I don't know if I could own these without grills. That's a pretty unsightly looking array.

What a wealth of information in here.

My dealer buddy is over here telling me that the Tektons are glorified Bose at a mid-fi price, without the hi-fi sound.

I'm not sure what to believe, but I have my eyes on the Electron for a 13x12x8 room. I run a Linn KDS/3 streamer/DAC/Preamp into a Benchmark AHB2 amp. I'm looking for an end-game speaker (aren't we all?), after going through some very poor customer service with a speaker company who shall not be named, but with a $12k price tag.

I've never heard a bad review of the Tektons from people who own them. Have you?

I assure you that Eric's offerings blow anything Bose has to offer completely out of the water. Has your dealer buddy heard any Tektons? The more hours I put on the Double Impacts the better they sound. I had some criticism right out of the box and at 30 hours. Now at 200+ everything is really on the mark. Plus I had them way to close to the back wall. I still wish my flea powered amps could handle them, but its a small sacrifice. However I don't see and end game speaker being a reality, upgrading is fun and keeps me busy.

I'm with A Gorn. I always will be shopping for another set of monitors. This set is staying, and it was half price of the Odyssey Kismet monitors I have. I figured I might as well try them, with the nice return policy, to see what the the hype was about. I'm glad I did!

I assure you that Eric's offerings blow anything Bose has to offer completely out of the water. Has your dealer buddy heard any Tektons? The more hours I put on the Double Impacts the better they sound. I had some criticism right out of the box and at 30 hours. Now at 200+ everything is really on the mark. Plus I had them way to close to the back wall. I still wish my flea powered amps could handle them, but its a small sacrifice. However I don't see and end game speaker being a reality, upgrading is fun and keeps me busy.

I'm with A Gorn. I always will be shopping for another set of monitors. This set is staying, and it was half price of the Odyssey Kismet monitors I have. I figured I might as well try them, with the nice return policy, to see what the the hype was about. I'm glad I did!

Well, gents, I'm fortunate enough to be able to audition the DIs this Wednesday at an owner's home. I'll be sure to post my impressions. Of course I'm taking into consideration his room is different from mine, different DAC, different amp, etc. Still, I should be able to glean if they have that overall clarity and evenness from the highs to lows. This should be fun!

Well, gents, I'm fortunate enough to be able to audition the DIs this Wednesday at an owner's home. I'll be sure to post my impressions. Of course I'm taking into consideration his room is different from mine, different DAC, different amp, etc. Still, I should be able to glean if they have that overall clarity and evenness from the highs to lows. This should be fun!

Your in for a treat. If he has Double Impacts his upstream gear should be decent. Maybe you could bring your DAC for a better idea and then he gets to audition a different DAC in his system?

:lurk:

Your in for a treat. If he has Double Impacts his upstream gear should be decent. Maybe you could bring your DAC for a better idea and then he gets to audition a different DAC in his system?

Well, my DAC is a Linn KDS/3, so it would be a pain to setup at somebody else's place. It takes a lot of configuration. Still, I spoke to him yesterday and I'm bringing my amp over, so at least I get to see how my Benchmark ABH2 drives the speakers and what kind of sound signature results, juxtaposed with his.

I've read that a lot of people like SET amps with the Tekton speaks, yet Eric, from my understanding, uses solid state. Nevertheless, either way, people have reported remarkable results with a wide variety of amps. I really love my ABH2 as the closest thing I've heard to a "wire with gain," yet at the same time, I'm open to the idea of a new-speakers-new-amp-configuration if there is better synergy to be had.

Popcorn, indeed. heh. :lurk:

Back
Top Bottom