Ice station zebra

91firebird

Well I am on a rock Hudson kick,just watched ice station zebra,also pretty good flick.i Go on movie
Binges.you know on a hot sticky summer night nothing like a good flick with a good tv and a kick ass
7.1 sound system to kick back and turn the the world off and go into the movie zone with the ac set to
Cold.

You should watch 'The Hornet's Nest' if you haven't already. The original with Rock Hudson.

Last edited:
I loved Alistair McLean's books when I was a kid. One critic pointed out a scene on the icecap where nobody is wearing a hat nor can you see their breath :). If we believe the Wikipedia biography, Howard Hughes was obsessed with this film and watched it many times.

Ice Station Zebra is the first Drive-In movie I can remember seeing as a kid with my family from the back of my old man's '65 Country Squire. Speaker in the window and that green mosquito repellent thing you burned that looked like an electric stove element.

Ice Station Zebra was reputedly the late Howard Hughes' favorite movie. So much so that he watched it over and over.

That stoked my curiosity and I finally rented it back in the 90s. The verdict: Pretty good flick.

Hudson is the smooth and calm character surrounded by large than life characters like Brown, Borgnine, and McGoohan.

It is very odd that I just happened to watch that movie last night; independent of seeing this thread today. It was enjoyable, but it won't go in my favorites list.

Back
Top Bottom