MC-2500 in the house

tuffstuff1

Holy smokes is this thing a beast. It feels heavier that 130lbs. The guy already had it packaged for shipping prior to me buying it locally, so I got the Audio Classics shipping box to boot. The seller said it has been sitting in his closet for 25 years and it really shows. The entire amp is flawless aside from a couple small chips that are on the top edge of the faceplate. Now tonight is going to be a riot (I hope) when I fire this baby up and hear my Kappa 8's sing. Check this baby out. It just needs a little wipe down with a damp cloth. That's all.IMG_0875.JPG IMG_0877.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0880.JPG

Nice...I have the silver faced version. You'll love listening to it as you recover from the hernia you'll get from lifting it!

Welcome to the BIG MAC club Frank! Currently, I have four Mc amps in that chassis - (2) MC2300s and (2) MC2600s.

I'm curious to hear your impression of it once you get it hooked up.

My first Mc Amp was MC2500. Yes this is pristine find. The black paint is an easy touch up. You will not be disappointed.

Though I would deox the rear slider switches and make sure fan controls are working if those infinity speakers are 4 ohm. Enjoy.

What a enormous amplifier!! Its like an office block!!

Yeah, watch yourself lifting it, and even sliding it.....it will probably take the carpet with it as well.....

Nice work, and keen to hear about the sound....

Should be well up to the task of driving your Infinity Kappa 8s. Will you be using it with the MX117?

Congratulations on finding such a well preserved MC2500.

Congrats to you on landing an excellent workhorse of an amp and it's in beautiful condition to boot. I'm wondering what it might be replacing?

Holy smokes is this thing a beast. It feels heavier that 130lbs. The guy already had it packaged for shipping prior to me buying it locally, so I got the Audio Classics shipping box to boot. The seller said it has been sitting in his closet for 25 years and it really shows. The entire amp is flawless aside from a couple small chips that are on the top edge of the faceplate. Now tonight is going to be a riot (I hope) when I fire this baby up and hear my Kappa 8's sing. Check this baby out. It just needs a little wipe down with a damp cloth. That's all.View attachment 971118 View attachment 971119 View attachment 971121 View attachment 971124
So where is the review pushing those amp killers?

We had designed a system based on multiple 2200's when 2500's were revealed and the future owner agreed to going that route. Was I ever surprised at the quality of the sound . One would be driving over 100 Altec 309's in the ceiling and another pair would be driving Klipsch 8" woofer ceiling speakers. The system was basically flat from 35 to 14,000 hz with a slight roll off. The system would generate 108 db for each listener through out the banquet hall. It was a multi purpose facility and whether used for a ladies luncheon or as a fill system for a Count Basie concert the sound was fantastic. Crystal Gale and Charlie Pride really sounded just like what you would hear at home. This all from a suspended ceiling system. Sure the Shure and Akg mics, Yamaha prof mixer, limiters, EQ's and Vega wireless mics were just as important but the 2500's never showed any sign or strain even when a mic was dropped and all the power guard lights flashed. The system was a 70 volt distributed system , which the 2500 handled flawless ly. The woofers were wired in series/ parallel with 2000 watts available from the other two 2500's and filled in below 70hz. .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom