Very rare Citation XX amp

Seller will never get that, these have sold on eBay for under $3000. And there have been some that included the crate.

That has been on eBay multiple times in the past year.
He sold another one along with the XXP preamp to a fellow in California earlier this year.

Bob

Wow, looks very nice. Wish I had the original packaging for my XXP preamp.

The seller does have good feedback. As to the price, I have no idea what these go for but pricing up here is way higher than what you see South of the border on pretty much everything even after you adjust for exchange.

Seller will never get that, these have sold on eBay for under $3000. And there have been some that included the crate.
This very amp sold on eBay less than a year ago for $2800, and no work has been done to it.
Edit: I'm wrong, this amp is 1055, the auction amp was 1068.

Last edited:
Serial and story line from the first seller. He (the original owner, who had claimed this was a show amp, gifted to a friend [going on memory here] by Sidney Harman) did have some type of work done, but years ago. I was in contact with that seller last year when I saw it on eBay.
My bigger interest is: why the huge markup? There's a record of the sale price being $2,800, it may be hard to get the $6,428 (US) for it now. I agree with a comment above, they're typically getting around the $3k mark.
And yes the $2,800 amp was a fine amp with some alleged beneficial provenance. It still went for under $3k
I'll be watching with interest to see if this is a market buster.
Edit, this story is correct, but I'm wrong on the amp. The one here is 1055, the one I was thinking of Is 1068.

Last edited:
I had s/n 1068 in my shop back in 2014 for another ak'r along with one of it's matching preamps.
It truly was a special amp!

uvnzimK.jpg

ZEslARF.jpg

Currently have s/n 72 awaiting locating the elusive nla Hybrid Module.
Ontxg1f.jpg

Bob

68 looked the part, had the story and now appears to have been taken care of.

Just noticed this thread. If there is a scammer in Kitchener, it's not me. Scammers are everywhere. The amp is mine. The provenance is as true as the response I received from the seller. I have no reason to think he was lying since I got back in touch with him well after the sale asking for a back story. I posted his verbatim response. Bob was kind enough to send me power supply parts to ensure it's longevity which I have still not been brave enough to install. Thank you Bob. There is a great tech here also a member of DIY who has done work for me with whom I've been in touch. Why the high price? Bob put it in a nutshell. It's easily worth it. I have had several offers to buy close to my asking price, however they decline when I mention the potential for disaster until these parts are installed. I may just end up keeping it but my Acoustat DD Servo Charge OTL monos are King at the moment

Fabulous amp. I'd keep it and search the matching pre... just me. Since I got my Citation monos up and running I'm a new Harman Kardon fan..LOL I have no idea about the XX amp if it is a good price or not but some fine amp...
I shipped a pair of Cit.16 bridged monos to Hong Kong a number of years ago. Great amps but the XX is a different animal altogether.

Back
Top Bottom