1000m/x on Valves

I have the Yamaha NS1000 and the valve amps are especially indicated.
I've been reading, I do not remember where, that this Troubadour 6l6 specifically forms a spectacular pair with the Yamaha ns 1000

I told the amp builder i was after something different to my solid state. something musical, lush and detailed. he says Ultra Linear El 34

Any thought on this with NS1000x

I've ordered an Ultra Linear EL34 Valve amp that can also handle 6L6GC, KT77 and EL34 - hopefully enough flavours to see if the 1000s will like the valves.

I have my new valve amp and i must say, it sounds absolutely amazing. There is some kind of 'richness' to the sound that i havent experienced before...a little more distortion down low and mid and soften highs that give it a clarity and tone that is very very easy to enjoy.

I have combined it with a iFY DAC - so my source is mac mini to DAC to Valve Amp. I use the yamaha as a phono stage into the valve for now while my valve phono gets an upgrade (Les box) and i have to say i dont think i am missing much at all...i certainly dont need any further major investments.

I have my new valve amp and i must say, it sounds absolutely amazing. There is some kind of 'richness' to the sound that i havent experienced before...a little more distortion down low and mid and soften highs that give it a clarity and tone that is very very easy to enjoy.

I have combined it with a iFY DAC - so my source is mac mini to DAC to Valve Amp. I use the yamaha as a phono stage into the valve for now while my valve phono gets an upgrade (Les box) and i have to say i dont think i am missing much at all...i certainly dont need any further major investments.

That's great that you've found something to suit the 1000x's. They are incredibly unforgiving and it wasn't until my recent acquisition of a C-70 pre that I really started to enjoy my pair.

Back
Top Bottom