Your Latest Additions (LP)......

The lengthy dry spell has finally ended. Yesterday I found the following at two local GW and SA locations. This is easily my best overall find for jazz and R&B this year:

Billy Eckstine - Don't Worry 'Bout Me
Billy Eckstine - Feel the Warm
Billy Eckstine - Stormy
Joe Williams - Worth Waiting For...
Gloria Lynne - Go! Go! Go!
Gloria Lynne - I Wish You Love
Leon Bibb - This is Leon Bibb
Arthur Prysock - Best of
Ray Noble - Ray Noble and His Orchestra
Chris Connor - Sketches
David Brombeg - s/t
Richie Cole - Alive! At the Village Vanguard
Ella Fitzgerald - The Jerome Kern Songbook
The Brecker Brothers - Heavy Metal Be-Bop
Ruby Braff/Scott Hamilton - A Sailboat In the Moonlight
Jim Hall - ...Where Would I Be?
Jim Hall - Guitar
Jim Hall - Live
George Benson - Blue Benson
George Benson - Space
George Benson - Beyond The Blue Horizon
George Benson - In Flight
George Benson - Breezin'
George Benson - Benson Burner
George Benson - Bad Benson
George Benson - Give Me the Night
Bill Pursell - Our Winter Love
Robben Ford - The Inside Story

Some recent individual finds:

Dave Brubeck - We're All Together Again for the First Time
Dave Brubeck/Paul Desmond - At Wilshire-Ebell (red vinyl)
Johnny Hartman and the Andrew Hill Trio - Sittin' in With
Pink Floyd - Meddle (in a Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood sleeve!)
The Chi-Lites - Give More Power to the People

Last edited:
EO10opT.jpg

GezTQlz.jpg

This past weekend I kinda splurged. Hit a few different places and prolly added 50 LPs to my collection. Since I started taking my little LED flashlight with me and checking the albums, I've greatly increased my listening pleasure. Among other good finds, was a really clean looking and sounding Shawn Phillips "Faces" album and his "Furthermore" album for $1.99 each. Then I hit the dollar bin. Ha ha ! The one record store was clearing out their dollar bin, selling them 3 for $1. I brought home over 30, and I'm confident they all play well.

Moody Blues
Kenny Rankin
Jesse Colin Young
Poco
Souther Hillman Furay Band
Nicolette Larson
Mickey Newbury
Rickie Lee Jones
BJ Thomas
Bert Kaempfert
Hamilton Joe Frank & Reynolds

And on and on. Now I get to clean all of them. Woo Hooo!

Went all the way to the back of the records and put on a Jesse Colin young the other day, wife thought he has a pretty good throat on him. I've got about 3 of his, I also was fortunate enough to score a trifecta over the wk.end, for cheap, and they all play dead quiet.20170805_112723.jpg

Went all the way to the back of the records and put on a Jesse Colin young the other day, wife thought he has a pretty good throat on him. I've got about 3 of his, I also was fortunate enough to score a trifecta over the wk.end, for cheap, and they all play dead quiet.View attachment 981491

I've seen his albums in the racks for the longest time, and wondered about him. The other day, at the record store, I pulled the trigger and forked over $3 for a 1978 re-issue of his debut album from six years prior, as I recall reading it, and I was not disappointed. So when I stopped back at the record store and hit their 3 for $1 bin, I picked up another one or two of his. Good score on the Neil Young. So satisfying when they play quiet.

Picked up over 300 records today for less than $1CDN each
About 200 keepers, 100 that I already have and the rest are of no interest to me.
It was a nice score, it's been a while since I found a collection like this for sale, no gold in this bunch, in fact I think they may have belonged to a radio station at one point, the jackets are fairly worn but a majority of the vinyl is in excellent condition. Sweet!

image.jpg

My latest is an original 2-LP of Jazz at the Pawnshop!! it was played to me at a little record shop out of town. I had never ever even heard of this album before and now I'm hooked on it.

I'm beginning to think the best place to score near mint record is an estate sale. I found one today where the owner took immaculate care with his library. As you can see, most of them still had the Soundstage Direct label still intact. I paid $5.00 each for these and would have gotten a few more if I hadn't exceeded my record buying budget for the week! I also picked up a pristine Denon DR-M20 three head cassette deck in it's original box for just $30.00.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 40
  • FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 41
  • FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 40
  • FullSizeRender_3.jpg
    FullSizeRender_3.jpg