AR93Q Find In Detroit Area

Is the whizzer cone original? I have a pair of the 93s (no Q, IIRC) and I don't remember seeing that driver. Actually, they are on the refoam pile, so I don't remember seeing poly surrounds either.

Is the whizzer cone original? I have a pair of the 93s (no Q, IIRC) and I don't remember seeing that driver. Actually, they are on the refoam pile, so I don't remember seeing poly surrounds either.
I have no idea at all about them. It's not my post. I just briefly looked at them and saw the price. Figured some here might be interested, so I passed along the info. Perhaps they're not correct and thus the price. Now I feel kind of dumb for posting the link.

I have no idea at all about them. It's not my post. I just briefly looked at them and saw the price. Figured some here might be interested, so I passed along the info. Perhaps they're not correct and thus the price. Now I feel kind of dumb for posting the link.
No, not at all. Leads are always appreciated. Also I didn't mean the question just for you but for the collective mind trust here. I love when people post links.

Other than the tweeters, none of those drivers are original. And AR definitely didn't use a whizzer coned mid, or poly / coated woofers in the 93s. So, while very good speakers when stock, these'll need quite a bit of work to get there. No score. I'd pass, unless you already had a spare driver stash.

Oh yea, don't underestimate the cone tweeters. They were designed by Roy Allison. They're quite good.

Last edited:
Exactly - they are not worth the price asked.

I have to think that the seller isn't the original owner. Otherwise, I'd don't think he'd be showing off the flat-out-wrong drivers.

Oh well, some clueless soul will buy them eventually. I guess we're just trying to make sure that won't be an AK member! :thumbsup:

I have to think that the seller isn't the original owner. Otherwise, I'd don't think he'd be showing off the flat-out-wrong drivers.

Oh well, some clueless soul will buy them eventually. I guess we're just trying to make sure that won't be an AK member! :thumbsup:
I'm dumb enough to not know the difference. But if I were considering buying them, I would make sure to do my research. I feel bad for posting the link.

I'm dumb enough to not know the difference. But if I were considering buying them, I would make sure to do my research. I feel bad for posting the link.

For reference, here's the real AR93. And the correct part numbers for the drivers are: Woofers 200035, and Mids 200036. Nice, refoamed examples of both available on eBay now. All 6 unfortunately would run $260. That's why I knew this wouldn't be a score...! :thumbsdown:

AR93-pic5.jpg

I saw these as well... that said there is a rough looking pair that was just posted on ebay that are complete and original that i can tell for 179ish .. if the craigslist guy was asking 50 bucks or less id consider it if i could get the guy on ebay to gut them and just send the drivers and cross overs :p a neat and rare bird these are

Back
Top Bottom