Onkyo m-504, m-508, and m-509 repair/upgrade, conundrum/problem.

There's one more that's "supposed" to be better than a M-509, It has a larger power supply than the 509 but still not as large as the M-510. What I've heard they call it is the M-588 or the M-589/5890 but I'm not really sure. Does anyone know? So far I've read about it but I've never even seen a picture of it. And yes, I am trying to find one!
Only then I can build the Onkyo Integra Museum!
Or is it a "shrine"?

Yes, I have had 2 of the 588's, one a 588 in gold with persimmon wood sideburns, and one the 588f, black with plastic sideburns. Both are true balanced designs, 200wpc, 68 pounds. Good amps, but very dry on the top end and bass shy.
I sold both, and the rest of my integra amps...except for the current 510. It is far and away Onkyo's finest amplifier product.
Here is the 588 I had here. Sorry about the poor image q.
IMG_3890.JPG

Last edited:
I don't believe this. I've been looking for info about one of these for awhile. You have or had one and one just popped up for sale on Ebay. A little too pricey for me right now though. "$4,200.00".
Yeah, I just got my first M-509 in the mail Friday. "Yes I have a giant mailbox",'smirk". And at least one more coming but they need work. But at least they arrive soon. Going to take the one I just received to get serviced tomorrow. Its' missing the "Flip" door in the front.
Anyone have a spare just lying around? Or a spare M-509, M-588 ect. ect. I'm building a pyramid of them.

And the article I read said that they ONLY came in black! So the M-588's and M-510 had actual, real wood sides instead of the MDF? nice. Real wood as long as it's dense, helps with damping also.

Yes they are actual wood. I think both are persimmon.
The 588 came in 3 styles. 1. Black with 1/2 thickness plastic side panels. This one is also denoted with an "f" after the 588.
2. Black with full thickness side panels in high gloss black, and 3. Gold with full thickness persimmon side panels.

Back
Top Bottom