What Record Are You Hearing Now?

This would also be a great opportunity for Audio-Technica to release a "premium" model of its AT-LP120 (or perhaps an upgraded 1240), taking cues from this new 1200 with better build, tighter tolerances, no built-in preamp or USB functionality and just overall upgraded elements...one that would be the definitive affordable alternative to the 1200...:naughty:

See, I definitely prefer the s-shaped tonearm if for looks alone -- but if the straight tonearm made the whole thing track much better, I suppose it would be worth the eyesore (in my opinion, of course)...:biggrin:

What don't you like about the Technics arm?

The S-shaped tonearms have the advantage of headshell swapping, more headshells to choose from. That 12" Triplanar tonearm costs more than the SL-1200G! Will sound much better than the Technics arm!

The S-shaped tonearms have the advantage of headshell swapping, more headshells to choose from. That 12" Triplanar tonearm costs more than the SL-1200G! Will sound much better than the Technics arm!

Agree about the headshell advantages; but what would make it sound "much better"?

This would also be a great opportunity for Audio-Technica to release a "premium" model of its AT-LP120 (or perhaps an upgraded 1240), taking cues from this new 1200 with better build, tighter tolerances, no built-in preamp or USB functionality and just overall upgraded elements...one that would be the definitive affordable alternative to the 1200...:naughty:

Audio-Technica makes some excellent cartridges, especially the moving coil ones! More turntables the better! :D

R-4950075-1380351785-1649.jpeg.jpg
R-4950075-1380351806-9913.jpeg.jpg

Paul McCartney / McCartney
1970 Apple

It was the table I desired since getting into the hobby. Yup! Concorde Pro S with a STY10 stylus.

Indeed; they were originally intended as home hi fi tables until DJs recognized their rugged build and raw performance capabilities. I used 'em when I owned a mobile DJ company and wish I held on to at least one.

Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs Under the covers Volume three from the boxed set.

Ie you guys don't have it you have to get it and if you get it you have to listen to it a lot !!!!

Your so Vain cover is amazing !!!!

36460539281_72f29cd347_h.jpg

Nashou

Back
Top Bottom