DCM Tm,s

rjag46

Can anyone give me some info on these? Dinged up, but speakers R working great. No covers , but only paid $40 4 them Any info will B app.

Search and look for stuff I've written, then search for some of the other guys like @Dr. Morbius that also post in the threads. I think I got that name right. There are a few others that are vocal about the Time Windows. You're getting good stuff on TH, too.

Last edited:
Post up some pictures if you can, and we can identify the model and get specs, etc to you. There were four models of TimeWindows sold by the original DCM: 1, 1a, 3 and 7. The way to position them is with the point between the speaker faces pointed straight into the room. Time Windows have a "direct" face and an "ambient" face. The two combine to provide a good sound from off center listening position or in difficult rooms.

Here's a page from the TW3 manual, but the concept is the same for all the models:

9add8849_vbattach201125.jpeg

They tend to be easy to drive, but respond well to good power. I've always thought they sounded best at higher volume- 85db or higher at the listening position. $40 for a working set is a deal! Even if they need some cosmetic care! Congratulations!

Edited to add- here's a diagram and specs for the 1a, 3 and 7 series TW:

TW7Tw3TW1ATF600TF1000Specs.jpg

I would like to try a pair of 7's
Post some pictures and we can identify them.
BTW why do you think you have no crossover?

Good solid TW speakers. These have DCM woofers and Philips tweeters and work great, like power and don't break. The end caps will respond nicely to a refinish. I used Watco Danish Oil Finish Dark Walnut and the came out better than the original pair I still have from new. The TW had a few different iterations before they settled on what you have. I don't have the serial number breakdown of that but something below 10,000 I guess. You have what most have and love. Replacement grille material is the air filter foam material and it is held to the speaker by two vertical strips nailed to the back of the unit on each side of the labels, grille material glued to the plastic strips used on the later models. Earlier had some wood strips.

These are not 1a. These are the TW. The 1a uses a different tweeter, Vifa not the Philips shown with the rubber feet/bumpers on the center of them. Additionally, the woofer in the 1a is half covered with a felt like material and the end caps are made of Oak not Walnut veneer. If you turn the speaker over, the 1a has a nut holding the all-thread that keeps the top and bottom on the speaker. The TW has these pieces glued in place.

All this time and I read it wrong years ago. Mine has the veneered tops.

Your TWs do not have a number if they are like the OPs pair. What s/n range do you have? Seems the TW1a was around at right about 50000 s/n or so.

I deleted this message, since it is off-topic....
PS: for anyone who commented on this => I appreciate it, thanks !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom