Dang! Spotify is dropping Squeezebox support

Thanks for the links. I tried all of those Win 10 procedures with the exception of the "deep clean". I've now cancelled my Spotify subscription and let them know why.

I'm going to give Pandora Premium a shot.

Edit: Hmmm, my quick initial research seems to indicate that Pandora Premium is not supported on LMS either. :(

OMG!! You were my go to digititian! And, I read more fricken stuff and wrestled for about four hours, but was able to get Spotty running on all five of my devices without asking for (much) help. (Despite being informed that one is still registered to the previous owner and that the one I gave my daughter in Brooklyn is registered to my account-but none of this mattered. Go figure)

Did you post on the thread where the Logitech employee who developed Spotty app will answer questions (sometimes complicated w/all those logs)? Don't give up, or does Florida enfeeble the mind?

OMG!! You were my go to digititian! And, I read more fricken stuff and wrestled for about four hours, but was able to get Spotty running on all five of my devices without asking for (much) help. (Despite being informed that one is still registered to the previous owner and that the one I gave my daughter in Brooklyn is registered to my account-but none of this mattered. Go figure)

Did you post on the thread where the Logitech employee who developed Spotty app will answer questions (sometimes complicated w/all those logs)? Don't give up, or does Florida enfeeble the mind?

You put me to shame Phil !! Did you set it up on mysqueezebox.com or on LMS? I seem to remember that you were not using the server (LMS). I only attempted LMS.

Well, I followed the instructions here on this thread, and succeeded in losing spotify from the apps on my SBT. I have opened LMS and removed all the spotify apps, installed the reccomended third party app and still cant get it to work. Need some assistance here. Never needed LMS before and dont understand its function, just want to play my spotify library thru my stereo. Secondary would be, being able to access the 2TB of FLAC files on my computer thru my SBT and to my stereo. My SBT is hardwired to my computer. Thanks in advance. Jim

Well, I followed the instructions here on this thread, and succeeded in losing spotify from the apps on my SBT. I have opened LMS and removed all the spotify apps, installed the reccomended third party app and still cant get it to work. Need some assistance here. Never needed LMS before and dont understand its function, just want to play my spotify library thru my stereo. Secondary would be, being able to access the 2TB of FLAC files on my computer thru my SBT and to my stereo. My SBT is hardwired to my computer. Thanks in advance. Jim
Have you logged in to Spotify? Go to Settings/Advanced/Spotty Spotify for Squeezebox.

Go to settings/basic settings tab and point LMS to your media folder to get the SBT to see your flac files.

Last edited:
So do I do this on the mainframe, cause I can open spotify-settings but there is no advanced or 3rd party on the spotify page,or do I do it on LMS page, or on the SBT itself. Excuse me if I am a little out of my element here

So do I do this on the mainframe, cause I can open spotify-settings but there is no advanced or 3rd party on the spotify page,or do I do it on LMS page, or on the SBT itself. Excuse me if I am a little out of my element here

You do it on the LMS page which you open in a browser with your IP Address:9000 (192.168.x.xx:9000). You can do this from any computer on the same network where LMS is installed. To go to settings hit the link in the bottom right of the page.

You do it on the LMS page which you open...
While I remove lots of superfluous entries from the Win startup menu, I leave the Logitech server one intact.

It lives on the taskbar to the far right and I right click to access Web Control. It already knows my server IP and port.

While I remove lots of superfluous entries from the Win startup menu, I leave the Logitech server one intact.

It lives on the taskbar to the far right and I right click to access Web Control. It already knows my server IP and port.
I just bookmark it toChrome's bookmark bar which is always open. I like the idea of pinning it to the task bar.

I just gave the rudimentary instructions to jimbo2k because I didn't think he ever got LMS open.

Migrated from the ever-unreliable Squeezeboxen to Sonos years ago. No regrets. Spotify fully integrated, as is Spotify Connect. Alexa support coming very soon.
Like you I migrated from my unreliable squeezebox classics (four of them) to an Amazon Dot connected to my vintage Sansui and Marantz recievers and couldn't be happier. I get Amazon music, TuneIn, Pandora, and more.

Keep getting message about a missing file, keep re-installing to no avail. Dang this is difficult. THIS PROGRAM CANNOT START BECAUSE VCRUNTME140.IDLL is missing from your computer, try reinstalling

Dowloaded the visual c++ program from microsoft site, made no difference GRRRRRRRRRRRR

You probably know this, but Windows needs MS VC 2015 runtime, 32-bit in order for Spotty to work.

Well I figure it out today, the SBT was not being recognized, so hit the reset button and all is working with Spotty Thanks for the help. jim

Back
Top Bottom