Game Of Thrones fans?

There is a theory one of the dragons would be his due to his Father legacy and eggs.

Barney

I'll go against the grain a bit. I'm still entertained by the show but I think it's really lowered in storytelling quality. Everything this season is so rushed and ridiculous, even given that it's a fantasy show.

We will see what happens Sunday. Hopefully it will prove me wrong.

This split season is ridiculous. This one should have been it been it not another short one after it.

I'll go against the grain a bit. I'm still entertained by the show but I think it's really lowered in storytelling quality. Everything this season is so rushed and ridiculous, even given that it's a fantasy show.

We will see what happens Sunday. Hopefully it will prove me wrong.

I have mixed feelings about this season. I think that the writing has slipped a bit. "Let's go beyond the wall and capture someone from the army of the dead and bring him to Castle Landing." Yeah, right! Like that was going to work out. A wight dragon is pretty cool, though. So even with some warts, GOT is still better than most of the crap on TV.

This split season is ridiculous. This one should have been it been it not another short one after it.

IMO the split season is an HBO money grab.

-Dave

I have mixed feelings about this season. I think that the writing has slipped a bit. "Let's go beyond the wall and capture someone from the army of the dead and bring him to Castle Landing." Yeah, right! Like that was going to work out. A wight dragon is pretty cool, though. So even with some warts, GOT is still better than most of the crap on TV.

IMO the split season is an HBO money grab.

-Dave

Absolutely. Their fear that they have nothing on deck to replace it so milk it.

I'm still watching but @mhedges is right, storytelling has suffered this "season".

It's hard to say since I haven't seen Sunday's ep yet, but my gut feeling is that most of the stuff from the last episode should have been in the upcoming episode. And vice versa.

Episode 6 should have been the downfall of Cersie as a ruling queen. Episode 7 stuff beyond the wall, and ice dragon. Ending with the dragon breaching the wall and the Knight king and his armies pouring in (I still expect that's how Ep 7 will end).

I thought there must be a GoT thread on here somewhere, and here it is ! I'm a huge fan, been with it all the way and now embarking upon reading the books - it's great to be able to read them and put faces to names etc.

The finale was great, very enjoyable and I'm glad that there weren't too many ridiculous cliff hangers. We saw some things we expected to see, a few we didn't, and some very solid acting from all the main cast.

I thought there must be a GoT thread on here somewhere, and here it is ! I'm a huge fan, been with it all the way and now embarking upon reading the books - it's great to be able to read them and put faces to names etc.

The finale was great, very enjoyable and I'm glad that there weren't too many ridiculous cliff hangers. We saw some things we expected to see, a few we didn't, and some very solid acting from all the main cast.

IDK honestly I thought it was all very predictable. Nothing that went on really surprised me.

Form the most part this whole season was setup. A few things got resolved but not much.

I'm watching a medieval political drama, and it turns into a zombie flick. I enjoy it, but would have liked it just as well without the creature feature.

If I'm willing to suspend belief to accept dragons and magic to raise the dead then I have to allow for a legion of walking corpses that fight like rabid dogs too.

I have no real complaints about this season except for it being a "short" season. It's still one of the best things on TV.

Ending with the dragon breaching the wall and the Knight king and his armies pouring in (I still expect that's how Ep 7 will end).

Good call.

-Dave

Hmm. Perhaps I'l DL a few episodes of S1, have a look, and see if it's worth sticking it out @ this thang.
But, when I read such comments as "accept dragons and magic to raise the dead" (thanks, Prisoners), I'm not so sure.

Maybe instead I'll (re)watch Six Feet Under.

Or Death Takes A Holiday.

I'm watching a medieval political drama, and it turns into a zombie flick. I enjoy it, but would have liked it just as well without the creature feature.

If I'm willing to suspend belief to accept dragons and magic to raise the dead then I have to allow for a legion of walking corpses that fight like rabid dogs too.

I can appreciate both of these sentiments. It started mostly about political intrigue, though there were always hints to the fantastical. The white walkers were treated as urban legend but the Wall exists. Dragons are seen as distant, but they were not that far in the past.

The one thing that intrigued me most from the books was the religions. Yes, most of them borrowed heavily from Christianity (the Sept and the Drowned God of the Iron Isles) [Edited as I read the R'llhor is actually based more on Zoroastrianism, which I admit I am rather ignorant of still], but it was interesting to the interplay between the old and the new and how the affected their followers.

That being said, when Melissandre revealed in the show that she is actually very old, I built up a small bit of a headcanon that she and the (original) Three Eyed Crow were a former couple with great magical power who ultimately could not agree on where to set the thermostat, thus the long winters and summers that Westeros experiences.

Last edited:
That being said, when Melissandre revealed in the show that she is actually very old, I built up a small bit of a headcanon that she and the (original) Three Eyed Crow were a former couple with great magical power who ultimately could not agree on where to set the thermostat, thus the long winters and summers that Westeros experiences.

That's an interesting premise.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom