Help on Streaming.

I believe iPads use Cirrus Logic dac's. I have studio dac's that use Cirrus Logic chips and I also have units with Burr Brown chipsets and Wolfson Chipsets. I prefer the sound of the Burr Browns, then the Wolfson chips. The Cirrus chips come in a wide variety and I imagine the ones in the iPad are the same used in the new iPod Classic (good but not outstanding). Older iPod Classics used Wolfson chips. I own both a new iPod and the older classic and the difference is very noticeable to me. I put together a dedicated media pc (Burr Brown chipset) which I have hooked up currently to a Sansui 5000X. Its usually hooked up to a Sansui 9090db, but its getting ready to get overhauled. Anyway a dedicated pc with a great soundcard containing Burr Brown chipsets can be built very inexpensively. And the sound quality is outstanding. Plus a dedicated media pc offers much more than an iPad hooked up to your receiver or amp..
If he is using the adapter I mentioned with the USB input on his Vincent SV 237. Then he isn’t using the iPad’s DACs. However, I am not sure which adapter he bought, so you could be right.

Chromecast Audio is pretty simple, $35. All you need is a smart phone or tablet and a WiFi connection.

Actually, you don't even need CCA and WiFi. You can stream with a smart phone or tablet! Download an app: Spotify, IHeart, Pandora, etc. Plug you phone into your pre-amp, receiver, etc., with 3.5mm to RCA cable, and stream! From there, you can decide to subscribe to a service (or add a DAC, etc.). My personal choice is Spotify Premium. Others like Tidal, Apple, Pandora, Amazon, etc.

Sorry for all the etc.'s.

+1 for the Chromecast Audio device. You use your smartphone as a remote control. Sign up for a streaming service such as Pandora or Spotify (paid subscriptions to these run $5-10/month... very well worth it.
etc etc etc

If he is using the adapter I mentioned with the USB input on his Vincent SV 237. Then he isn’t using the iPad’s DACs. However, I am not sure which adapter he bought, so you could be right.
I'm using the camera adapter you suggested with a USB cable into my Vincent amp.

Back
Top Bottom