What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

001.JPG

This pressing basically fell into my lap, so to speak, a few years back at a Madison Goodwill. I just arrived at the record bins. It was less than a minute. While standing there fingering through some records a voice from behind said, "here's some more for ya." She dropped four records into the bin. I stared at Sgt. Peppers. Three others fell behind: a Yellow Submarine, a stereo Something New and Beatles '65. All Capitals. At the time I had only a few Beatles pressings but none of these four. It was a wonderful day, sunny, warm, and as I walked out the door I thought how lucky could one fella get? .99 cents apiece. All in very playable condition with nice covers, except the bone-headed, black magic marker "X" written on each cover by Goodwill. What knuckleheads, thought I, as a stewed in my new Beatles' bliss. Love that audio karma. That's all I have to say 'bout 'at.

S.J.

Last edited:
Giving the old Onkyo and Technics something to do. About once a month I'd say.
20170921.jpg

I got that one, but all I do is play side 1 track 1 over and over again....
Know what you mean. That song heralded in something new in metal. Ulrich, Mustaine and Hetfield were listening very closely. You know the whole album is incredible. The 1998 Castle expanded CD re-issue is all that and more including the 45's that I posted today and Baphomet from the compilation album "Metal For Murtha's".
https://www.discogs.com/Angel-Witch-Angel-Witch/release/907546
007.jpg

That song heralded in something new in metal. Ulrich, Mustaine and Hetfield were listening very closely. You know the whole album is incredible. The 1998 Castle expanded CD re-issue is all that and more including the 45's that I posted today and Baphomet from the compilation album "Metal For Murtha's"

I'll check out that cd someday. I never cared for Diamond Head too much until I got their recent 2 cd version of their debut that contained original mixes. Much better than the Behold the Beginning mixes, which I also have on cd.

I got Metal for Muthas vol 2 on vinyl somewhere....

Iron Fist Magazine (RIP) or Terrorizer Magazine documented Metal in length and featured Angel Witch as an origin of Thrash Metal.

Back
Top Bottom